• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help System Crash!

Ill1

Jul 29, 2012
I installed Basix on my phone and everything was working great. Until I deleted Launcher. The program seemed quite useless to me, since it needed to be the purchased version to do anything at all. It came pre-installed when I installed Basix. When I deleted it, my home button just stopped working. So my first thought was to reboot, but it got stuck on the boot screen. I finally got it to reboot, but when I tried to load an app, everything went blank. So I just ended up doing a restore, unfortunately I didn't utilize the tools at my disposal, because the backup was from before I installed Basix and a bunch of apps. Does anyone know why this happened? Does Launcher have something to do with Basix's system? This is just out of curiosity....and to help anyone else with the same problem. Thanks in advance. And sorry about the long message, I just wanted to be thorough. ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR SYSTEM! (Lesson learned)

Launcher *IS* the home screen UI. You can delete it AFTER you install something else that can be a home screen (I use GoLauncher plus or pro or super or whatever the hell they call it).

No good reason to delete it actually, but if it bugs you go ahead - after you've got a suitable replacement...

Upvote 0
Thanks guys. I thought it was a widget app. When I would click on it, it showed different widgets that I was not able to use unless I purchased the paid version. I'll make sure I don't delete it when I reinstall Basix. I'll probably "buy" full version. It looked like it had some cool widgets.

Upvote 0
So, I tried to flash Basix again and do a data only restore with Clockwork. After I restored my data, the same thing happened. It would freeze up on the reboot screen. Is it erasing Launcher when I restore my data? If so, is there any way around this? Can I download a different launcher, backup that data, then restore the data? I would like to have Basix, it seems to be a lot smother and the battery seems to last longer. But I don't want to have to re-install all my apps, contacts, syncs, ect. manually.

Upvote 0
The problem with that is that the majority of my contacts were bluetoothed from my old phone and are not in my google contacts. And I can't seem to figure out how to sync in the other direction, to google instead of from google. Do you know how to do this? Also, how can I backup my apps, so that I don't have to download all of them again?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones