1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

System freezes questions and some extra advice needed

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by marc.knuckle, Sep 15, 2011.

1. marc.knuckle

marc.knuckle Newbie

My last s2 started having screen problems after 4 months so I managed to get vodafone to replace with a new phone. I had flashed KH3 on it and rooted. Due to the problems I had, this time I have decided to leave the official vodafone BUKG2 but I still rooted it to allow titanium and juice defender to work.

I thought titanium and google had me covered with the backups. When I got the phone up and running google didn't send my contacts back. I thought maybe titanium would but it didn't. I then went into titanium and into contacts and specifically restored that. Unfortunately almost straight away various force close notices came up which weren't for apps but even the dialer wouldn't open. I presumed it was to do with the contacts thing I did so I hard reset from clockwork mod and didn't do the same again. However it started happening again so I presumed it was an app or even something in the titanium backup. I wiped titanium backup and started fresh again this time also clearing the cache but I also didn't freeze many system apps or update the vodafone update app and so far its okay.

My gut feeling is that either the titanium backup had something wrong in it or more likely that updating the vodafone updater caused it.

Any ideas to make sure it doesnt happened again?

Is there an official list of what I can freeze with titanium?

I really would like my contacts back but have wiped titanium and have retried google to merge them but no good. have I lost them for good?

Lastly, how its it best to fully backup everything like a system image would do in windows?

I really like to get an answer to all these questions so would be very grateful of any and all help, marc.

Advertisement

2. marc.knuckle

marc.knuckle Newbie

guys, any ideas? i really could do with some opinions on it and some pointers

3. marc.knuckle

marc.knuckle Newbie

absolutely no ideas or anything to add guys??