1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support system gone mad after samsung update, still doesnt work after factory reset

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tng, Jan 1, 2014.

1. tng

tng Lurker
    None

Jan 1, 2014
    Hello, Im looking for a possible solution and would be grateful for any information. I was prompted to do a software update and did so. After that my phone began to freeze, I could not access any applications and I kept receiving this message "the process android.process.acore has stopped samsung galaxy s3"

I had to remove all photos, audio, data ect... and I did a factory reset. I started to go through the set up process and after about three steps into the process the phone froze again and the screen went black. Ive also received a message that the SetUpWizard is not responding.

I cant even complete the set up process now.

Please help! Im out for travel and have no phone!

thanks

Advertisement

2. lordmage

lordmage Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 4, 2011
    sound like the update messed up. if you can format data,cache and such and restart you should be good just let the rom set for a bit before touching it.
    if you have 4.3 knox and your attempts to recover flashed a 4.2 bootloader the only fix is keis 3 reinstallation.

3. tng

tng Lurker
    None

Jan 1, 2014
    hi thanks for the reply. I have a couple of questions! When you said " format data,cache and such and restart you should be good just let the rom set for a bit before touching it." Does this mean I should do the factory reset, clear cache and then turn the phone off for a while? I noticed you said format but Im not sure how to do any of this. Also , how do I know if I have knox? A samsung store tried to "reflash" the phone and they said it did not work. Im curious how I'd go about reinstalling keis 3 as well. Thanks again!

4. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Male
    monkey
    Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe
    The factory reset you did is the same as formatting data and wiping cache.
    Sounds like you got a bad update and reflashing would fix it.
    id try samsung again, it was their software thats caused the problem and they should fix it.
    You can reflash it yourself if youre confident. If not then let samsung deal with it :thumbup: