1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

System Icons for network

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by HecklerUK, Dec 19, 2011.

1. HecklerUK

HecklerUK Member

The other day I got a text from my provider (T-mobile in the UK) saying that they had done some upgrades to improve internet speeds and they would take effect after a phone reboot.

As I was putting the phone on charge that night, I rebooted it.

Since then I've noticed different icons appearing next to the battery icon at the top. Instead of just getting the 3G and arrows icon, I have also seen one with a H and the arrows and another one that I could quite make out .

Anyone know what these are?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. FCUM

FCUM Member

I think Im right in saying that a H means HSPDA. Which is a higher speed 3G.
    That also seems to coincide with a message I got from Orange. As of a few days ago When my Orange phone roams onto T-Mobile, I can still get a HSPDA connection. Must be part of their merger.

HecklerUK likes this.
  3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Yeah, previously if you were Orange, you'd only be able to use the T-Mobile 2G Signal and vice versa if you were T-Mobile. You're now able to float between either network on 3G now.

HecklerUK likes this.
  4. HecklerUK

HecklerUK Member

That might explain why I've been getting a slightly better signal these last few days too... The T-Mobile one around here normally only gives me 2 bars, 3 if lucky... now I'm getting 3 and 4 all the time.

5. mikecoop

mikecoop Lurker

It is the network - you're probably on Orange signal now, and H does mean HSDPA which I've found to be much faster than both 3G and particularly G which is dreadful :D

6. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

nigsy likes this.

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews