• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

System notifications gone crazy

xriddler

Lurker
Dec 3, 2013
Hi I hope someone can help me. When i go to settings > sounds > default notification sound it list all my music mp3s in there. I think this happened after i uninstalled the Scary ringtones app without clearing the cache and all. This is on my nexus 5. can anyone help me fix it so my mp3s dont show up there please.

Welcome to Android Forums. I moved this thread to the forum dedicated to discussing your phone.

Did you perhaps move all those mp3 files into a folder called Notifications? Did you try rebooting your phone?

Many phones scan all folders during a system load and build the list of notifications and ringtones from all the Notification and Ringtone folders it finds on ANY of your system.

I do not have your phone so I can not be sure it is the case for you.

... Thom

Upvote 0
Another thing you can try is reinstalling Scary, clearing its data and cache and uninstalling it. If it doesn't fix it, you've only wasted a couple of minutes.

I have tried that. but i have fixed it by creating a folder Google play and using that for music files instead. As thom stated the system was scanning my Music folder for suitable sounds/ringtones. Thanks Guys

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones