• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

System out of Memory

berg0352

Lurker
Jan 5, 2010
Ok, first post, but I have been reading through some of your issues with the phone and I think I have a slightly different one.

I haven't had the email issues, like some of you. My issue is involves Exchange Activesync and contacts. My phone will sync email and calendar no problem. When it comes to contacts, I get a "System out of Memory" error. Two hard re-sets, one new phone and multiple calls to Verizon and HTC have gone nowhere. At this point, I have no contacts on my phone, and that will simply not do. Here's the intersting part, I can create a contact on my phone, and it will appear in my outlook contacts. If I update that contact on the phone, the update does not go through to exchange. In addition, only certain parts of the original contact will show up in outlook. For example, I create a new contact on the phone with name, phone number, email address, business address, company name and title. Everything goes through except the company name and job title.

I'm at an end and don't want to revert back to the crackberry. Thoughts?

I might get a drubbing for saying this, but when it comes to the most flawless and feature-rich integration of a cell phone with an Exchange server, there really is only one choice: get a Blackberry.

That will no doubt change over time.

Just out of curiousity, about how many contacts are involved?

eu1

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones