• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

System process information blinking at right top of the screen

ritesh

Lurker
May 13, 2010
I have recently got my samsung galaxy android phone. Today i downloaded some applications like power saver, no lock, etc. suddenly it started blinking system process information at right top of the screen. I have uninstalled all downloaded applications but system information keeps on blinking. Sometime it is occupying entire right side portion and i am unable to see screen content. System process information like "3.56/5.67/3.84 system_server akmd2 android.process.core" is displaying in low size text. It seems as it is showing information for debug purposes.

I have stopped all services, all application, etc. forcefully even then it keeps on displaying. Can anyone help me how to disable showing such information ??

Ritesh..

I have recently got my samsung galaxy android phone. Today i downloaded some applications like power saver, no lock, etc. suddenly it started blinking system process information at right top of the screen. I have uninstalled all downloaded applications but system information keeps on blinking. Sometime it is occupying entire right side portion and i am unable to see screen content. System process information like "3.56/5.67/3.84 system_server akmd2 android.process.core" is displaying in low size text. It seems as it is showing information for debug purposes.

I have stopped all services, all application, etc. forcefully even then it keeps on displaying. Can anyone help me how to disable showing such information ??

Ritesh..

Upvote 0
Hi. I am having a similar problem. I was downloading youtube videos using the jetVD and disregarded the fact that the phone was low on battery. I left my HTC Magic alone while it was downloading. The phone turned off as it obviously run out of power. Plugged it to the charger immediately and the same text as "ritesh" describes emerged.

Could someone advise me on how to address this issue?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
hey ritesh ,

i had the exact same problem ( for about 10 mins ) and that was enough for me to get annoyed with that.
that blinking thing is called : "process cpu usage meter" . that's kinda expert tool , debugging stuff, show off for newbies etc...
anyways to turn it off or on : ( i don't know the code to enter in the shell but i know how to do that with the help of a program ) u may install "android tweak ( developers are : eLibera) " . it's not actually a program but it's a home screen widget. so after your installation u add the widget to your home screen ( i'm sure u know how to do that ) and select "tweak" icon ( the one with the android robot on it ) . and then scroll to the bottom where u gonna click : "more options ( for experts ) and at that menu u'll see : "show process cpu usage meter" . if it's not crossed ( as in your situation ) cross it . then restart your phone.
the process cpu usage meter should be gone at the and of this process........

i first enabled it thinking : " oooh what a nice option i wanna see all that stuff in a meter" but when i actually saw that blinking stuff i was like : "what the............"

Upvote 0
hey ritesh ,

i had the exact same problem ( for about 10 mins ) and that was enough for me to get annoyed with that.
that blinking thing is called : "process cpu usage meter" . that's kinda expert tool , debugging stuff, show off for newbies etc...
anyways to turn it off or on : ( i don't know the code to enter in the shell but i know how to do that with the help of a program ) u may install "android tweak ( developers are : eLibera) " . it's not actually a program but it's a home screen widget. so after your installation u add the widget to your home screen ( i'm sure u know how to do that ) and select "tweak" icon ( the one with the android robot on it ) . and then scroll to the bottom where u gonna click : "more options ( for experts ) and at that menu u'll see : "show process cpu usage meter" . if it's not crossed ( as in your situation ) cross it . then restart your phone.
the process cpu usage meter should be gone at the and of this process........

i first enabled it thinking : " oooh what a nice option i wanna see all that stuff in a meter" but when i actually saw that blinking stuff i was like : "what the............"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones