1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

System Program questions

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Simple_fear85, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Simple_fear85

None
    Ok I have a Zte Z998 Att Go Phone. I thought I was going to switch to another phone till I decided to root this phone. It has been successfully rooted and now I am thinking about using this for a while. My questions are this. I removed most of the unwanted apps that are "bloatware". It's pretty much down to the barebone. I only removed apps I didnt want. I went back to the stock browser and removed the google chrome. Now I am using the Go launcher, and messenger app. Is it possible to make this phone a completely Go Launcher phone? Like leave the Go launcher as the default and remove the android stock launcher? also doing the same for the dialer? I looked through the store and seen they are downloadable.. I know there is a risk at doing so but just curious. Thanks

Advertisement

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Male
    monkey
    Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe
    you can but as you said theres a risk. For example if you have to use "safe mode" for some reason, there will be no launcher, leaving the phone unusable.
    You could move Go Launcher to the /system partition though.
    Have you tried other launchers though? I used Go for a long time but its so laggy and bloated. I bought Nova Prime which is just as customisable but fast too :thumbup:

Crashdamage likes this.
  3. Simple_fear85

None
    I have used them all and go is bloated with some of those built in apps that I do not like at all. How good is the nova

4. willdo

willdo Member
    None

Jan 14, 2014
    Male
    STAY AT HOME POPS
    PENSACOLA
    Nova prime is great that is what is use:thumbup::thumbup:

5. Simple_fear85

None
    Well Really the only reason I would use the launcher is because if the hide apps feature, but I just had a brain fart and didnt realize that apps I dont use are no longer on the device because I removed them (stock apps, and bloatware). So i decided to remove the launcher completely and continue using the stock which i have no issue with really. With the phone I have it's limited memory without the sd card. So I am always looking for ways to save space lol.

6. nicka3200

nicka3200 Android Expert
    None

Dec 28, 2011
    Male
    UK
    Always take a nandroid back up before removing any system apps. That way you can always go back if you lose some essential functionality.