1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root System ROM and internal storage

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dick302, Jan 20, 2014.

1. dick302

dick302 Member
    None

Apr 15, 2011
    Male
    Retired law enforcement
    Central Va.
    After rooting my slider and installing titanium pro is there anything that needs to be deleted from the system rom that would free up space? I have moved all moveable apps to sd card and have frozen the bloat ware and the system storage almost full after updating apps while the sd card almost empty. Thanks for any advise.

Advertisement

2. Lpen21

Lpen21 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 31, 2013
    Link2sd is probably your best bet. Did this to wife's slider but it was a pain to get there. Look in the optimus v( not the slider) forum under all things root. There is a guide there authored by AndyOpie which I followed. One note of caution, facebook does not like to be linked and caused me many headaches. Also dont link google play or any widgets. Otherwise I linked everything that is not essential to the operation of the phone( found this by trial and error) and freed up around 80 mb. I enden up just moving her facebook bookmarking it rather than the app as it was a mb hog and battery hog. Good luck

dick302 likes this.
  3. Lpen21

Lpen21 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 31, 2013
    Also some of the info in the guide is specific to optimus v but the guide gives you the general idea. You will need at least an 8gig micro and mini partion tool Which you can download to your pc/laptop.

dick302 likes this.