• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

System Task Application

supra

May 12, 2010
hi all, i own samsung galaxy spica and i wanna free some mems (RAM) on my spica to make it faster (not that my spica is slow, i'm just being OC. haha) I really do play a lot of games so i need more mems on it to avoid lags,

anyway, i have task manager and android system info apps. i already autokill/ auto ignore DL and 3rd-party apps on it.

however, the system task apps are still eating a lot of mems. i'm thinking that some of the system task apps may not be necessary at all and they just running and eating your mems and battery for nothing. so what and how do you disable those unnecessary system task apps?

on my Task Manager (apps that autokill), I see:
Android system
Calendar Storage
Checking Service
com.android.providers.applications
com.android.providers.dictionary
contacts Storage
Dialer
Dialer Storage
Download Manager
DRM protected Content Storage
EMail
Gmail Storage
Google Apps
Google partner setup
Google Search
Google Search (Enhanced)
Google Settings provider
Google Talk Storage
Home
Media STorage
My Uploads
Pantheon
QuickSearch Box
Service Mode
Settings Storage
Sync Feeds
wssyncmlps

For Android System Info, I see:
Service Mode
Email
wsstncmlps
Google Partner Setup
Calendar
Handscent SMS
Meridian
Settings
Task Manager
Pantheon
Android system info
Smart Keyboard pro
My Uploads

WHat unncessary System Task app that I need to disable (or autokill)? How do you disable them? Thank you.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones