• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root System UI suddenly crashing

bg4m3r

Android Expert
Nov 1, 2013
So this is weird, and I'm at a loss to fix it. The phone's been working fine, but suddenly, as of a few minutes ago, anytime I attempt to open the recents screen, the system UI crashes, reboots, and goes back to the lockscreen. I've turned off FreeMo and Boost Dealz, disabled all xposed modules, cleared cache and dalvik, and did a soft reset by pulling the battery for a couple minutes.

I'm on stock, and don't really have anything strange setup.

The only thing that happened before this started is Google play updated some apps, but nothing system related.

OMG THE SAME THING JUST HAPPENED TO ME. This is crazy. But by me it just said system ui crashed, then froze, and a few seconds later it was back by the lock screen. Basically the phone didn't restart only the system ui did. I did update some apps earlier today (attached screenshot) so are any of these the same as the ones you updated? I'm not actually interested in checking my logcat but if you are that would probably help. It only happened once and my recents work fine now.

Attachments

• 1457663538342.jpg
    1457663538342.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 80
Reactions: bg4m3r
Upvote 0
I've also noticed that the phone is working better in general without Firefox installed. Has anyone else seen a performance hit with it installed?

Going to check out Atlas Browser. I had Firefox because Chrome loads some pages incorrectly. Can't get rid of Chrome because of ChromeCast.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones