1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

System Update 13

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by markdoc, Oct 6, 2020.

1. markdoc

markdoc Android Expert

I picked up my phone around midnight and found this:
    Screenshot_20201006-004248.png
    So I updated and it went smoothly but I don't know what it did except for changing the color of my shortcut buttons at the top of my notifications. We'll see as days go by. Good luck everyone.

2. PitCarver

PitCarver Android Expert

Well, at least I like the new color.

MrJavi and markdoc like this.
  3. markdoc

markdoc Android Expert

I just found that the pushing the volume buttons have changed. Very strange. When I press one I get the green column with the circle underneath. I am using Nova so that could effect what is happening. Someone else will have to check and write in. To me, this is a worthless change. Screenshot_20201006-105540.png

4. PitCarver

PitCarver Android Expert

That's cool. Í have my volumes set by macrodorid, so I may have never noticed.

markdoc likes this.
  5. markdoc

markdoc Android Expert

I use other apps to lock and change my volumes too. But while I was trying to tap the remapped assistant button, I hit a volume button and found the surprise.

PitCarver likes this.
  6. markdoc

markdoc Android Expert

I just found this on the Nashville Chatter website:
    Capture+_2020-10-06-13-14-10.png
    The Verizon website had nothing about what was in the update either except for a Security update.

7. markdoc

markdoc Android Expert

I just realized an interesting dilemma that this new update caused. Before this update, Android 10 had introduced individual volume sliders for each app. I used them on some of my games to keep the volume low. The new update got rid of those individual volumes and now I can't bring back the normal volume levels of those games. Any ideas?

8. miztique

miztique Lurker

I think that's the Velvet UI update. You should be able to change the colour of the status bar, under your Display settings, if I'm not mistaken. Not too sure about the individual volume levels, unfortunately.

9. markdoc

markdoc Android Expert

I tried to find the Status Bar color setting that you mentioned without success. Can you tell me exactly where the setting is located?

10. miztique

miztique Lurker

I'm not 100% sure, but there should be an option called "Accent color" under Display settings. Maybe try searching for it in the settings. Some people say they don't have that option though, so not sure if you'll have it.

I haven't received the android 10 update yet, so I'm just going by what I've read online.

markdoc likes this.
  11. markdoc

markdoc Android Expert

Thanks, I did find that setting. However, it only changes the color of the buttons and sliders. Still very useful, just different. So thanks for the information.:thumbsupdroid:

PitCarver and miztique like this.

LG V40 ThinQ Forum

The LG V40 ThinQ release date was October 2018. Features and Specs include a 6.4" inch screen, 16MP camera, 6GB RAM, Snapdragon 845 processor, and 3300mAh battery.

October 2018
Release Date
Reviews