1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support System Update-Installation Aborted?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by themoose, Mar 30, 2011.

1. themoose

themoose Lurker
    None

Mar 30, 2011
    Hi all,

Brand new to the android platform and enjoy it very much! However, when I try to install the latest update (4.1.57) it always seems to fail. After I download it and install, the phone reboots to a screen with an exclamation mark inside a triangle with the little android guy.

I leave it there thinking it's installing but I don't see a progress bar or anything, so I just reboot the phone. I'm sure it's worth noting, I rooted the phone with adeo, but since then I've done a factory reset and I still get this screen. Other than the update not installing the atrix works great! Could any seasoned android users explain if I am not doing something properly? Like I said, I'm new to the android platform so I'm still getting acclimated to it.

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. GreenishApples

None

Nov 25, 2010
    I'm having the same problem, though I haven't rooted my phone. I did however enable webtop mode over hdmi through this hack. Is this the reason? I've tried installing the update a few times already and I always get the error image.

3. razholio

razholio Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 25, 2010
    if you've done any mod other than root, consider youself luck you don't have a brick after update. The current recommendation is to back-out all mods before applying the update, with the exception of root which will require a little script-running to *preserve* root, but if you don't mind losing root, there's no extra worry.

4. GreenishApples

None

Nov 25, 2010
    So would a factory reset work to get rid of the webtop mod? Or do I have to root my phone and then undo the mod like it says in the mod instructions?

5. ThickG

ThickG Member
    None

Feb 8, 2011
    I'm wondering this as well. I won't have access to my computer for 3 months (travelling) so I can't update the ABD and I'd like to get the update.

Also, I recently bought an unlock code. I have not unlocked my phone yet, but can anyone tell me if updating my phone will lock it again?

6. evilbastard

evilbastard Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 13, 2011
    Same thing happened to me, I tried downloading the update twice, but after it reboots, I get the Exclamation screen. Remove battery to reboot. Phone is rooted, and ran the beforeupdate script before I attempted the update.

Only other thing I had changed was the bootsplash screen.

7. RussellMania

RussellMania Member
    None

Feb 13, 2011
    Adeo deodexed your file system, this is why the update is failing.

To remoeve Adeo, go here: [HOW-TO] Uninstall GladiAtrix or Adeo (For 4.1.57 update) - xda-developers

If you have the webtop hack, you must remove this too, go here: (Backup Files ADDED!) [How To] [MOD] Undo Webtop Mod [MOD] [How To] - xda-developers

If you have root, and wish to keep it after the update, then go here: [SCRIPT] Root v2 for 4.1.57 (Stock 1.2.6 REQUIRED) - xda-developers

If you don't wish to mess with all of that, then you can always Flash the sbf back to stock, root it, save the root, update and then restore the root. That's what I ended up doing.

Good luck.

8. evilbastard

evilbastard Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 13, 2011
    Well I haven't been successful in getting the update to work, although I haven't done a factory reset, and re-rooted to test. I think I am going to wait for the next update, because I don't really have any pressing need for this one.

9. ThickG

ThickG Member
    None

Feb 8, 2011
  10. ThickG

ThickG Member
    None

Feb 8, 2011
    Does anyone know this? I don't have access to a computer, so I can't root to remove the webtop hack and I'd had to reset my phone needlessly.