• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

System Update 'paused'

Hi,

Yesterday a system update became available for my Desire C, but every time I check it says the update has 'paused', and that the connection has been lost.

Does anyone know how I can get the update to work?

Chris

Are you on wifi?? It sounds like you are having internet problems. Either a problem with your wifi (maybe restart your router), or you are attempting on mobile data and the connection isn't good or fast enough.??

Upvote 0
Hmm. It sounds like the problem is the internet connection. The way I took the error message was that the Internet keeps dropping connection. I don't really know how to do much router troubleshooting other than just restarting...
I will ask around and see if i can find anyone with more ideas. :)

Can you go somewhere with public wifi or to a friends to see if it works there? That would determine whether you are having issues with your Internet or if there's a problem on the other end.

You can also go into your router settings and try changing the encryption type to something different and see if it helps your connection issues.

Upvote 0
Well on your computer you have to log into the router. Usually you can access that by typing it's ip address into the url bar of the browser where you would normally type a website.

The ip is usually 192.168.1.1 most of the time.

You will need a username/password. If it never been changed then it would likely be the default un/pw which you can usually find online by googling.
The default username is usually admin and the password a lot of times is password.

Every router will be different and I haven't messed with my settings enough to completely know my way around. But once inside you should see the security section somewhere and there are options like wpa and wep etc.

That's about as much as I can explain it :p

Upvote 0
No luck with changing settings.

I live in quite a built-up area, and I'm sure that many people around here are using the internet. I wonder if changing some phone setting would help. Do you have any idead?

I appreciate your help very much,

C

Did you also try changing channels on your router?

I'd go on another wifi source for now and see if you can download it.

Upvote 0
Brian, thanks for your help. A little perseverance has paid off - I have downloaded the update.

As a non-techie, and a member of the middle-aged gang, I normally struggle with things like this.

Thanks again, and best wishes from Yorkshire, England,

Chris

That's great chris! So what seemed to do this trick? Was it changing the security type, changing channels, or going to an outside source? Just curious for future issues :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones