1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

System updates in 3rd party launcher

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sheena Bateson, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Sheena Bateson

Hi! I'm wondering what samsung.sdm.sdmviewer is? I've read a list of terminology for the note 20 and i can't find it. I did find com.samsung.sdm which is a system update. I read a thread on here already what it could mean but i need MORE info. Is this a system update for hidden apps? Or is it a system update when you have a 3rd party launcher installed? Like i said I've already read a thread that explained a samsung deskphone (sdm) code but I'm not sure if there is a deskphone integrated into the note 20 already without user instalation. If there is will it update even if you don't use it? Or is it from hidden apps? I also read that samsung.sdm.sdmviewer is an update to hidden apps. I'm very confused. I need a very intelligent person to answer me :-(

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by ocnbrze, Nov 7, 2020 (3 points)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

It's a system app..... no need to worry about anything nefarious.

Dannydet, MrJavi and marctronixx like this.
  4. marctronixx

maybe this thread helps.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/g...nology-description-samsung-sdm-sdmviewer.html

Dannydet and ocnbrze like this.
  5. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Third party launchers make no difference to system updates at all, and with one exception (the introduction of Android 10's gesture navigation) system updates make no difference to 3rd party launchers. You definitely do not get special system updates for phones with 3rd party launchers.

Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 20 release date was Rumored to be August 2020. Features and Specs include a 12GB RAM, and Exynos 990 or Snapdragon 865+ processor.

Rumored to be August 2020
Release Date
Reviews