• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

System Write Access

I think I read somewhere that merely rooting a phone won't always allow system write access and I think that's why I have got a little confused.
I know that you can change the fonts via the display settings but there is only two on there and using font changer I can find any font online and use that (well if I ever get it to work) as it uses the .ttf format. Is there any way that I can download fonts and just use the normal display settings to change it? (preferably for free)
Thanks for your help so far.

Upvote 0
Is there any way that I can download fonts and just use the normal display settings to change it? (preferably for free)

Yup, the "Get fonts online" button takes you to the Market. Fonts installed are added to the list. Btw, while free is always good there are some great collections available for a couple of bucks. Someone else recommended the "Clean FlipFont Megapack" and I heartily agree. It includes many smaller fonts that are ideal for the GS2's large display.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones