1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General T-bolt fact/T-bolt fiction: A space for sorting out...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rocky s., Feb 26, 2011.

1. rocky s.

rocky s. Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Hey folks...may I humbly offer up a spot to survey and summarize the best of what our considered inquiry and inner voices have come up with from this point forward? Maybe it could help us a little as we try to move beyond the confusion and toward a real release date? In that spirit, here's what I think I know...

1. No one has any current means whatsoever of acquiring a thunderbolt.

2. The thunderbolt is delayed. It did indeed have an actual (not imagined) specific release date from Verizon that came and went. This date was communicated to sales partners (amazon, best buy) who in turn advertised, arranged pre-sales, and passed in-stock dates onto customers. We know this because we can reasonably assume these merchants would not pull said dates out of thin air only to retract them, which would be both stupid and self-defeating.

3. There is no known basis for the delay. A best marketing guess is because of needing separation between the t-bolt and i*hone. A best technical guess is because of lte network issues. Either of these is unexcusable at this stage of the game because of the non-delay of intensive advertising, the announcement of an "earlier than expected" launch, and an expectation that such glitches should be known during development vs. distribution. I know it's not a perfect world, but the path the thunderbolt has been on should have been cleared a little better before now.

4. The only thing impressive about Verizon's hitherto handling of this situation has been their secrecy. We can at least give them high marks for keeping their lips zipped no matter how unhonorably.

5. There is no certain or for-sure release date currently known by man, beast, or blogger for this device.

6. Verizon's delay debacle is having effects. "No comment" isn't working as a PR strategy and instead is coming off as just non-reponsive to customers. I don't think most of us on the forum are demanding immediate gratification. Withholding an explanation, keeping employees from call centers to corporate stores in the dark, and treating us all like acting-out children when we become curious or complain, however, just breeds more bad information and even more bad will.

So, there you have it. I'm really not trying to obsess here or feel overly entitled - I do realize it's just a phone - I'm just trying to organize a bit and offer my opinions. Most of all, I appreciate hearing from others here who know much more than I do about these matters and can correct me if I have anything wrong.

In the meantime, I'll be hanging out waiting for that elusive golden ticket to emerge here in Wonka land with the rest of you. Maybe we can unwrap some truth along the way! :)

Advertisement

2. jayishere

jayishere Android Expert
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    IT Sales, Best Buy Closing Manager
    Washington, DC
    I agree with all of the above statements