1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

T-bolt will not load past the Thunderbolt and red lightning bolt

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ntwillea, Aug 28, 2011.

1. ntwillea

ntwillea Lurker

Had issues with the phone for about a month after installing: app2sd and app backup and restore (both apps were developed by Infolife). In my deranged little mind I wanted to see if I could put the app2sd on the sd as well and I lost the ability to restore my apps for the better part of a month.

Shorten this a little, I managed to get my apps back last night by deleting Lookout and an app with death quotes. Talked to a friend browsed my apps, battery died now my phone will not boot past the Thunderbolt splash screen no matter how long I wait. Is there another option besides hard reset? I've seen multiple options and have no clue as to what they are capable of.

Thanks in advance,
    Nathaniel

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User

I assume you are stock? Will your phone boot into hboot via power/volume down? (From a powered off state)

How long are you giving it at the lightening screen? Sometimes it can stay there quite awhile.

I think I'd pull the battery for a couple minutes,charge it fully,pull battery and sim card,replace and try to boot again.

Let us know what happens.

3. ntwillea

ntwillea Lurker

It's stock, I can get into hboot (not sure what to do there besides reset), the battery was fully charged last night when I booted it and it was dead this morning with no full booting. I will try that solution and cross my fingers after that I'm probably looking at a hard reset.

4. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Yeah if it won't boot for you after the battery pull, go into hboot and you can do a factory reset from there, that should take care of your issue :(

5. seVer

seVer Android Expert

or try booting into safe mode to see if it's an app issue instead... that way you (might possibly) save yourself a reset.

scotty85 likes this.
  6. scotty85

i forgot all about safe mode. i keep meaning to try it when im on a stock rom,but it slipped way into the depths of my mind,lol...

id definately give it a shot.

Safe Mode - Thunderbolt

7. seVer

seVer Android Expert

power key until it boots, then let go. when 2nd HTC logo pops, hold volume down. keep holding.... it takes a bit.

just confirmed.

8. scotty85

hold power until it boots to the OS and you see the lockscreen? :thinking:

or:

-power until it turns on and you see thewhite htc splashscreen.let go of power button.
    -wait thru white htc splash screen
    -when thunderbolt screen pops up,hold volume down until it finishes booting to the OS,at wich point you should see "safe mode" in the corner

9. seVer

seVer Android Expert

just follow the directions... I apologize if I wasn't 110% specific on each and every step.

power key only until it turns on. you'll see white screen with "HTC". after a few moments, the screen will change to "HTC Quietly Brilliant". at this point, press and hold the down volume. keep holding it through the rest of the bootup until you get to the home screen. if you did it correctly, you should see "safe mode" in the bottom left corner". if you didn't, power off and try again.

while the screen shots aren't helpful on the vzw site, the instructions are correct.

scotty85 likes this.

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews