1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

T-MO Nexus 6 on VZW

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Androidcurious, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Androidcurious

Androidcurious Android Enthusiast

So I was in a T-Mobile store playing with one and the sales guy said they actually have stock. I bought it because Tmo's version is supposedly unlocked.

Anyway, using it on VZW with no issues but two:

1.) I do not get VM notifications. People can leave messages fot me, but the phone does not indicate there is a message waiting. Any shot VZW visual VM will work with my model?

2.) I notice data doesn't work while on a call. I thought this wasn't a problem for Android phones on VZW?

2. jj14x

jj14x Android Expert

Maybe after Verizon officially gets the N6, they may offer visual voicemail. For now, you can try Google voice Lite - same functionality, with free voice to text transcription (not that accurate though).

Androidcurious likes this.
  3. Androidcurious

I didn't even think about Google Voice, duh! Thanks so much.

4. Droid Ninja

Droid Ninja Well-Known Member

Just curious... which phone did you come from? Did you need to cut your sim card or you came from a phone which had a nano sim?

5. Androidcurious

I have an iPhone from my company, so I already had an activated nano Sim.

6. jkc120

jkc120 Android Expert

The Nexus6 doesn't support simultaneous Voice + Data currently because it lacks SVDO and because the SD805 has a single radio. If Verizon finally decides to release and officially support the phone and it gets "Advanced Calling" (i.e. Voice over LTE).

Androidcurious likes this.
  7. Androidcurious

Gotcha. Thanks for the answer. Not a huge deal, I guess.

Nexus 6 Forum

The Nexus 6 release date was November 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.96" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

November 2014
Release Date
Reviews