1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support T-mo Rep said update has been pulled

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dirtypaulie, Jul 29, 2011.

1. dirtypaulie

dirtypaulie Member

May 7, 2011
    Phone was in the process of updating via usb. Loose usb pug disconnected & now 1 of the G2X's died. We call LG & T-mobile & we were informed that the Gingerbread update has been pulled. They also said that when we get the replacement to not update it until we get a notification., smh

Advertisement

2. nemesys06

nemesys06 Well-Known Member

They lie, I just got the ota this morning.

3. dirtypaulie

dirtypaulie Member

May 7, 2011
    I doubt they lied. I heard the same thing from a T-mobile & rep & an LG rep. If you just look at some of the threads posted since this update was released more than a few people will be having to get a replacement phones due to the amount of people who's phone has died during the update. If you got the oat update & your phone is good consider yourself lucky. My phone got the update & i'm good. But 1 out of 2 phones died. that's a 50-50 chance

4. nateap87

nateap87 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2011
    California
    Update hasn't been pulled.

5. nateap87

nateap87 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2011
    California
    Also works fine when we do the manual update for customers that come in

6. dirtypaulie

dirtypaulie Member

May 7, 2011
    I'm just going by what I was told by a T-mobile rep & a LG rep. I was giving a heads up to the community. Do with the info as you will. Like the damn reps don't lie to people. smh

7. Matt3166

Matt3166 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    WCSD
    Reno,Nv
    I actually had a problem (I posted a different thread) the update froze midway through, had to shut down my phone and when trying the system update in settings it says I have the current version, that was since Tuesday night.
    I stopped by a T-Mobile store yesterday, the Rep said he's heard of people having this problem and he knows there is a way for them to get it repushedto phones he just needs to talk to his supervisor and will get back to me about it today.
    I guess since the phone has pulled the update and is downloading it, the servers take it as you got it and can't manually pull it yourself.

8. Matt3166

Matt3166 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    WCSD
    Reno,Nv
    Just talked to a T-Mobile Rep and she said that the update is being worked on and they will be releasing it shortly. A problem with the update? Maybe adding the LG camera back? Who knows?

9. mojorisin7178

mojorisin7178 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Thats what I am hopeing for is the camera and that anyone who already has the update can get the fix

10. awdroid

awdroid Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Wichita, Ks
    Whew. I am lucky..

11. Jerret

Jerret New Member

Aug 10, 2011
    I guess I am lucky too. No problems updating

Tags: