• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [T-Mobile] 4g or 4g lte icon?

Update my wife's s4 was not picking up lte and fall back to edge a lot I called customer service and crazy enough her cover was to blame I never knew that a cover could affect the signal in such a way the phone was on edge took the cover off and bam 4G came back :thinking: it's basically a plastic cover with maybe some aluminium parts on the outside.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Update my wife's s4 was not picking up lte and fall back to edge a lot I called customer service and crazy enough her cover was to blame

Huh .. I've never thought about that either.

Maybe the metal parts setup some kind of electronic field. Tell her she's lucky she didn't cause a warp in the space-time continuum.

Upvote 0
Carriers depict the signal icon differently. Sprint and T-Mobile tend to use the "4G" for LTE only. Verizon and AT&T will indicate either "LTE" or "4G LTE" depending on your device.

I have to disagree. If you have a WiMax (4G) phone it won't have LTE as it's not LTE it's WiMax but WiMax is considered 4th Gen technology even though it's now going out of style. The LTE means Long Term Evolution which is a different style of signal than WiMax. And some carriers use 4G to mean faster speeds than HSPA+ but not considered LTE.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones