• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

T-Mobile burned me.

T-Mobile burned me. And they burned me bad.

When I first got my Cliq, I had no 3G coverage whatsoever. Only Edge. I complained about it to T-Mobile because the guy who sold me the phone made it perfectly clear that I would get full 3G coverage and a strong signal.

So then T-Mobile tells me that it would take 48 hours for it to kick in.

Two days later the 3G showed up but it kept going away. Plus I would only get two bars at the most.

So I call tech support to complain about it, and I got one of the most rudest people on the phone. She was so damn rude to me that it made me sick to my stomach.

This b***h tells me that I'm not supposed to get 3G in my area.

(What the hell) ?

So I lose my temper and I say to her,"I'm not living in some f*****g third world country. I'm living in Van Nuys, California for crying out loud".

Her response was that Van Nuys doesn't fully support 3G

(Huh)?

Well that's certantly NOT what the salesman told me when I first bought the phone. I was told that I would get full coverage.

Then she goes on to tell me to just use the 2G network?

Why should I. I paid for the 3G network, not the other way around.

Her response was to take the phone back and to leave T-Mobile.

Yep. Really sounds like they want me as a customer, huh?

So I get even more pissed off and I go back to the store and I tell one of the salesman about it. And his response was not to expect any 3G coverage for the next couple of MONTHS because they just put their towers in Van Nuys but they won't throw on the 3G switch for two months.

(Huh)?

Am I in the f*****g Twilight Zone over here?

Return the service and go with someone else.

My credit is so poor that everybody else would want a 400 dollar deposit on top of the price of the phone. I can't afford it.

I really want the Motorola Droid from Verizon. But I can't come up with 700 dollars right up front in order to get the phone.

I would be able to in installments though.

Upvote 0
My credit is so poor that everybody else would want a 400 dollar deposit on top of the price of the phone. I can't afford it.

I really want the Motorola Droid from Verizon. But I can't come up with 700 dollars right up front in order to get the phone.

I would be able to in installments though.

T-Mobile actually was pretty cool to me back when I had them (2006ish). I was 3 months into my 2 year contract and they let me out because I had no signal in my house, which was an issue with no home phone. I spoke to someone on the phone and they said it was cool. Sometimes you just need to call until you get someone cool.

Upvote 0
My wife loves my Droid and is trying to decide between that and a Nexus 1. We popped into a TMobile to see if we even had TMobile coverage in our area (semi-boonies). There was a salesrep seated that turned and looked at us like we just interrupted a wet dream. He pushed himself from his desk, stood up with both hands in his pockets, jangling keys and change, and without making eye contact, asked, "what's up?".
We asked if he could check our service area, he sighed and snapped "ZIP?", and we instictively rattled off our zip code.
"Yep. Ya got coverage. Anything else?"
I asked his opinion of the Nexus One.
"No idea, ain't seen it".
At that, his cellphone rang. He whipped it out of his pocket
while spinning to face the other direction. He motioned what we percieved to be a gesture of "please wait".
Of course, we had enough and slipped out, unnoticed.
That was our experience with TMobile on W.Belfort, in Houston, Tx.
Mind you there was 2 other salesreps in there as well, playing on their phones,
and one woman shuffling paperwork, asking who stole the shredder.
I know it's just a people-thing, not to blame the phone company -- but does TMo know what a bang up job there people are doing in representing the company?
On another note, we had a very pleasent experience at both Sprint and Verizon shortly afterward.
I wouldn't have mentioned it if I hadn't seen your post regarding the rudeness that you encountered.

Upvote 0
Tmo is the worst! A guy i work with has a G1 on Tmo and i have the Droid on Verizon and we can stand in the same exact spot and ill have full 3G where he has no 3G signal at all. Also the Verizon store near me is great. Well theres about 4 stores near me, but the one i go to most often is great. The rep there is such a cool dude, and hes really nice and helpful and knows what he's talking about. just one of the reasons i will stick with Verizon forever. (unless something goes horribly wrong) haha

Upvote 0
Tmo is the worst! A guy i work with has a G1 on Tmo and i have the Droid on Verizon and we can stand in the same exact spot and ill have full 3G where he has no 3G signal at all. Also the Verizon store near me is great. Well theres about 4 stores near me, but the one i go to most often is great. The rep there is such a cool dude, and hes really nice and helpful and knows what he's talking about. just one of the reasons i will stick with Verizon forever. (unless something goes horribly wrong) haha

As you said over and over again "near you". Coverage and retail support is going to vary widely between different regions. For you Verizon may be your best choice but for someone else 1,000 of miles away T-Mobile, ATT, or Sprint may be the better choice.

Upvote 0
As you said over and over again "near you". Coverage and retail support is going to vary widely between different regions. For you Verizon may be your best choice but for someone else 1,000 of miles away T-Mobile, ATT, or Sprint may be the better choice.

You're right lol i forgot to put IMO somewhere in my post :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
That sales person's only goal is to sell you a phone and plan. He doesn't care that you will be having to call support to resolve your 3G issues. He doesn't work in support. He just cares about his sales and commission. It sucks to think about it that way but it is true most of the time.

I suggest everyone do their own research before to the best of you ability before you buy. Especially when you are locking yourself into a multi-year contract.

Upvote 0
General rule of thumb, sprint and verizon will always outshine tmorbid and afee&fee when it comes to coverage. Of course you may have some areas where it is the opposite, but that is just the nature of the beast. Ans sprint cs has really, really come a looonnng way under hesse. Outing forsee is the best decision sprint could have made. I'm willing to bet if hesse was at the helm during the nexthell sprint merger, it would have gone 300% smoother.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones