• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

T-Mobile Buying advice - no contract

spidey9006

Lurker
Jan 17, 2013
Hello everyone,

I am on a T-Mobile month-to month plan with 4g, and I am looking to get an upgrade to my Samsung Exhibit II 4g. I don't want to pay more than $400 for a device, and I can't get one on-contract. I've been looking at the Nexus 4 and HTC One S. Are there any other good options? I've heard that the Nexus 4 doesn't have good battery life, and it's sold out everywhere. I'd be fine buying one used except for that I don't want to buy a stolen device that will be bricked by T-Mobile.
The phone that I want must have the following:
Not laggy
Decent battery life
Good Camera
16+ GB of storage (or less if it has a micro SD card slot)
Android 4.0 or higher

Any Suggestions?

Thanks,
Josh

I have moved this thread into the Device Comparison forums since you are going to be comparing some devices that fall within your price range and list of specifications.

I know the Nexus 4 is a really nice device, my friend has one and has said nothing but good things about it.

Even though the battery is nonremovable i have heard it is pretty good.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones