• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

T-Mobile ETF's for Hotspot?

I searched but I couldn't find anything directly related to this. I called T-Mobile customer care today to see what my contract status was for the last line that I have remaining there (I removed my other 3 lines to go to VZW). I totally forgot I bought one of those T-Mobile Hotspot things a long time ago, probably because I stopped using it a while back. Anyways, the rep that I spoke with told me that my contract for both lines (the BlackBerry and the Hotspot, respectively) ends July 1st. I don't remember the Hotspot being a 2-year contract as all I was told in the store was that it was $10 a month extra.

To be honest, the whole thing was a pain for me since I had to call in several times to get them to honor the $10 a month that they told me it would be. I looked on their website, and they have the same plan that I'm on advertised as having no contract. I searched several different ways on Google and still couldn't find any information that states that the Hotspot was ever offered on a contract. Am I missing something here?

I guess the reason I ask is that I'm willing to eat the $200 for the line that I currently have a BlackBerry on to just get away from T-Mobile altogether. They have great pricing and customer service, but their service in my area is awful. Please do not take this as an attack on T-Mobile, I just prefer VZW's service in my area. But there is no way I could foot the bill for two ETF's. Anyone have any experience with this? Is there a way I can check what the terms are for my plan online? Thanks in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones