1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

T-Mobile Galaxy S2 Odin is stuck/Won't Root.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ipwnj00x, Jun 28, 2013.

1. ipwnj00x

ipwnj00x Lurker

I was following the guide from this thread http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-t-mobile-all-things-root/627099-guide-root-rom-sgh-t989.html.

The phone came with 4.1.2; so instead of ClockWorkMod, I downloaded TWRP. Installed Kies, all the drivers were installed as well. After the drivers were installed, I uninstalled Kies after this because it can supposedly conflict with Odin. I put the root superuser file in my sdcard. Finally, I went into download mode and was about to press Start in Odin(and yes the 0:[COM4] bar was yellow just like in the guide). When I pressed start, Odin got stuck at <OSM>Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM>Please wait..

I know that it said not to unplug the cable but considering the program went into a Not Responding state and stayed like that for half an hour, I closed Odin by force and unplugged the cable. I tried it again and the same thing happened. Here is a picture of the part where it gets stuck at.
    [​IMG]

I have tried it in different USB ports, different USBs altogether, and on another computer entirely. I've been googling and googling for the past 5 hours and am just about ready to blow my brains out lol. Please help. Oh and there's nothing "brickish" about the phone after all this, it turns on, does everything it's supposed to.

Thank you.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Atma

Atma Extreme Android User

Do you have USB debugging checked in developer options?

Also try redownloading twrp. Maybe you got a bad download.

3. ipwnj00x

ipwnj00x Lurker

Fixed it! CM 10.1 installed.

I noticed that when I used different computers, they were all Windows 7. I tried it on a Vista computer and it worked.

4. Atma

Atma Extreme Android User

That's weird but glad you got it to work. :D

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews