• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

T-Mobile getting NEW Magic with new hardware!

Why would a 3.5mm on board sound any different? It has no additional electronics and identical to using an adapter. Unless it is a flaky connection it should sound the same. I don't like the idea of an adapter so on board would be nice.
What I'm waiting for is better BT. I've always hated BT but would love to see google make it a much better experience but for now it is worse than my old N800. I bought a dongle so I could stream music to my stereo but it doesn't work with the Magic but does work with the N800. Odd, streaming works to my laptop. I hate BT....

Upvote 0
Why would a 3.5mm on board sound any different? It has no additional electronics and identical to using an adapter. Unless it is a flaky connection it should sound the same. I don't like the idea of an adapter so on board would be nice.
What I'm waiting for is better BT. I've always hated BT but would love to see google make it a much better experience but for now it is worse than my old N800. I bought a dongle so I could stream music to my stereo but it doesn't work with the Magic but does work with the N800. Odd, streaming works to my laptop. I hate BT....

That means your BT software doesn't support A2DP. Android does support streaming music over BT, but only using this protocol. Nokia phones (all that I know of) can stream music over a call channel. They do not require A2DP. As to most other phones, from SE, LG, Samsung, and the list counts, they don't stream music on call channels. Only Nokia does. It can save you money as you won't have to buy an A2DP headset (which is usually 2x the price), but the sound quality wouldn't be as good.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones