• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

T-Mobile has my phone locked to their network

Myke6886

Lurker
Aug 5, 2019
I brought my LG Stylo 3 to T-Mobile and switched to them from straight talk a couple of years ago. Now I am trying to go to a different carrier and T-Mobile has my phone locked down with their network! How are they allowed to do that when the phone did not even originate with them? Can anyone tell me how to remove their network lock so I can try out cricket? Much appreciated

I brought my LG Stylo 3 to T-Mobile and switched to them from straight talk a couple of years ago. Now I am trying to go to a different carrier and T-Mobile has my phone locked down with their network! How are they allowed to do that when the phone did not even originate with them? Can anyone tell me how to remove their network lock so I can try out cricket? Much appreciated
here you go if you want to do it yourself:
https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/how-to-unlock-a-phone-on-every-carrier/

but like @filthy phil said you can just make a phone call or even go in to t-mobile to get your phone unlocked.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Where did you get it from originally? I've never heard of a carrier being able to lock a handset that didn't come from them, but without knowing the history I can't be sure it didn't have a lock which would work with some SIMs (e.g. the network that the original virtual operator was using) but not others.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones