1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General T-Mobile here, just got Marshmallow...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RASelkirk, Jun 29, 2016.

1. RASelkirk

RASelkirk Member

Oct 27, 2015
    Male
    Retired!
    SETX, USA
    Saw the option to install it this morning and went ahead with the upgrade. All is good with (possibly) the battery life being a bit lower, which could be because of the stress of the upgrade...

Russ

Advertisement

2. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    Your battery life will improve,might wanna clear the cache partition if you haven't already.
    Doze seems to be working very well,little to practically no battery drain with screen-off..............
    Also,take advantage of the ability to fine-tune permissions on a per-app basis:
    If you didn't factory reset before taking the update,you won't be prompted to do this,& you'll need to go into Settings > Application Manager then MENU in the upper right-hand corner,select App Permissions & fine-tune as desired.
    This may break some apps,you'll know if they force-close,just go back & re-enable the app permissions you denied until it works again.
    You can also go to the app permissions on the app itself in Settings > Application Manager & scroll through each app,you'll see Permissions,tap on it & fire away................

javamann and Mikestony like this.
  3. RASelkirk

RASelkirk Member

Oct 27, 2015
    Male
    Retired!
    SETX, USA
    App permissions was the one outstanding reason I wanted this upgrade. Some of the apps I wanted to get, I never did because they were too intrusive. Some are saying it's slower to recharge, I'll see a bit later tonight...

Russ

KOLIO likes this.
  4. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    Also,I cannot recommend highly enough:
    Use the app Package Disabler Pro,it's worth its weight in gold (3rd time I've used that phrase in the last 24 hrs,but,again,I cannot stress the awesomeness of bloat disabling,many benefits for such).
    DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING,ONLY DISABLE........

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ospolice.packagedisablerpro&hl=en
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ospolice.packagedisablerpremium&hl=en

Guidelines are given on what's safe to disable.
    Any questions/doubts regarding a specific app,give me a holla............. :thumbsupdroid:

5. RASelkirk

RASelkirk Member

Oct 27, 2015
    Male
    Retired!
    SETX, USA
    Hmmm, just got 5.1 today... Maybe battery life will be better!

Russ

Samsung Galaxy Note 4

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 launched in 2014 as the company's flagship phablet. It has a 5.7-inch screen with 2560 x 1440 resolution, 3GB of RAM, and an impressive 16 megapixel camera.