• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [T-Mobile] HTC One roms

Altaone

Mar 18, 2012
Hi,

A bunch of the roms I am looking at for the One seem to be firmware specific. or they have a software version number in the name.

Question : Does that mean that is the software version it works on.

Question : I am thinking of doing google play edition because I was reading last night that if I do that I can get OTA's from google instead of t-mobile. am I correct or misguided again?

Question : If version number included in rom name == x.xx.401. does that mean I should not flash it onto a tmobile device == x.xx.531. ?

Hi,

A bunch of the roms I am looking at for the One seem to be firmware specific. or they have a software version number in the name.

Question : Does that mean that is the software version it works on?
no. that is simply the build that the rom used for a "base". it doesnt really mean anything more than that.

Question : I am thinking of doing google play edition because I was reading last night that if I do that I can get OTA's from google instead of t-mobile. am I correct or misguided again?
you are misguided. the GPE uses htcs own kernel,and the updates come from htc,not from google.

its neat to have stock android from htc,and in the past ive been a HUGE AOSP fan. keep in mind tho,that cm and GPE roms will not have boomsound,blinkfeed,zoe,etc.

Question : If version number included in rom name == x.xx.401. does that mean I should not flash it onto a tmobile device == x.xx.531. ?
nope,doesnt mean that at all. all gsm roms are compaible with all m7_ul,and even with the m7_u wich has no LTE. i run maximus on my t mobile variant,wich is based on 3.62.401.1

the only roms you should NOT flash are those intended for cdma sprint and verizon devices.

hope that helps :)

Reactions: Altaone
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones