• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [T-Mobile] Need Help from somebody with a T999 32Gb phone

spagman72

Jul 12, 2012
Here it goes:

I jtagged a T999 32Gb phone, knowing it was 32Gb I made sure that only the boot partitions (and not the pit) were selected and flashed.
The JTAG went well and the phone was back up and running in no time....however when I checked the " Storage" I noticed that it was showing up like a 16Gb model phone.
I later found out the owner had previously flashed a Rom with a 16Gb pit .

I would like to restore the whole 32Gb but I need a pit file...I already tried the one from InvisbleK , and I browsed through the first 20 pages of google without any luck.

Could somebody with a 32Gb version T999 please run a command line from their phone and help me with this file?

just run this from a root shell (adb or terminal emulator) and then post the file:

[HIGH]dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/out.pit bs=8 count=481 skip=2176[/HIGH]

Thanks in Advance

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones