1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

T-mobile or ATT?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RickyDavis1051, Aug 10, 2012.

1. RickyDavis1051

RickyDavis1051 Well-Known Member

Im currently with AT&T and i live in a non LTE area so my question is.......is it worth it to switch to T-Mobile? Is there speeds faster where i live with the HSPA+? Plus im paying $170/MONTH for 2 lines with att (550 COMBINED talk, unlimited text, and 3gb data each) compared to T-Mobile $110/MONTH (2000 combined talk, unlimited text, and 5gb data each). What's your guys input on which i should chose? and is t-mobile faster where i live? (fresno, ca)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. scrannel

scrannel Member

I use t-mo for one feature you cannot get on at&t (nor Verizon or Sprint): wifi-calling. Mainly it means free calls while overseas, but also in "remote" vacationing etc. areas, where no one is getting signal, if I can get wifi it's the same as having full signal. At my home, signal is weak and wifi-calling covers me. The caveat is, T-mo just switched over to "IMS" from "Kineto" and some people report issues on the G3.

3. tcope

tcope Well-Known Member

If you want to know if your flavor of HSPA is faster in your area I'd recommend visiting a TM store and having them do a speed test on the S3. Keep in mind that (at least IMHO) TM's HSPA coverage won't be as good as Verizon's coverage but if you don't travel much, it won't matter. With that said, I have pretty good HSPA+42 coverage on TM in my area.

[​IMG]

But this is only in some areas. In most I average 6Mb-9Mb.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews