• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

T-Mobile or metro branded S4

There the same phone. Obviously the t mobile variant runs the t mobile firmware..if you read my first post on the subject it says...and i quote.....there the same phone besides the colors offered and the bloatware installed.....my statement has been confirmed by numerous people who said the same exact thing i said. So yes i agree there identical phones beaides the fact the tmobile version runs t mobile firmware....which the op knew about to start....

Upvote 0
And if the point of this thread was to actually help the op out the second the op said he was planning on romming the phone anyway every other argument did become an invalid point. If you put metro pcs firmware on a t mobile s4 guess what you have. A metro pcs s4 thru and thru. Same exact phone as metro pcs offers. So again my statement is again true and i fully stand by what i said. End of discussion.

Upvote 0
Okay, since it's obviously too difficult for some of you to understand let me spell it out for you:

The OP asked, and I quote

besides the fact that the T-Mobile one is black which I would prefer. Is there any pros or cons to either one?

Now I dunno about anyone else, but I'd say that flashing an unofficial firmware and invalidating the device warranty to get round the carrier's anti-tethering policy is a pretty darn big con, no?

If you put metro pcs firmware on a t mobile s4 guess what you have. A metro pcs s4 thru and thru.

No, you have a T-Mobile S4 with no warranty that may or may not work correctly on MetroPCS. Again with reference to the OP, that might be considered a con rather than a pro.

End of discussion
I'm sorry, did I miss the memo appointing you to a staff position here? :thinking:

Until then you have NO say in the matter, so I'd advise you to be more circumspect with your choice of words.

This is the the second time a moderator has had to intervene. A third will result in forced timeouts for all those responsible - no excuses accepted. Everyone here is aware of the standard of behaviour expected of AF members, so please comply.

If any clarification is required, please contact me via PM rather than posting here. Let's stick to the OP's topic.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones