1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

T-Mobile or Sprint??

Discussion in 'T-Mobile' started by th3nigh7stalk3r, Sep 23, 2011.

1. th3nigh7stalk3r

I am getting a new phone soon. And can't get AT&T or Verizon. I can either get T-Mobile or Sprint. I have played with the HTC sensation 4G and the HTC EVO 4G and 3D. I wanted to know what is the best carrier for the money? I would either be getting the unlimited plan through Sprint or the 5GB unlimited through T-Mobile. But I want to the which phone you would recommend and what carrier is better? Thanks!!

Advertisement

2. kefalo84

kefalo84 Member

Probably Sprint

3. ScuroRaven

ScuroRaven Well-Known Member

Considering that T-Mobile is either going to merge with AT&T or go bust, I would choose Sprint

4. John Jason

John Jason Android Enthusiast

In areas where HSPA+ 42 has been deployed, T-Mobile has better bandwidth than Sprint. Sprint also has problems penetrating buildings. And I have unlimited data with no throttling on my $70 prepaid plan.

A long time ago I had Cingular with rollover minutes, which AT&T did not offer. When Cingular became AT&T my plan was grandfathered into the new AT&T. There is strong reason to believe that if you go with T-Mobile now whatever plan you have will be grandfathered. In addition, AT&T will have to continue to support all T-Mobile phones and radios.

And there is no guarantee that the merger will even go through.

5. Droidtothemax

Droidtothemax Newbie

Supposedly the merger wont go through thanks to the FCC and DOJ, so keep that in mind.

Sprint isnt horrible, but hear a lot of problems with people complaining about their signal when in buildings, but out and about it is fine. I would check their coverage map and see who gives you the best coverage and go with that one.

I personally think Tmobile has better Android phones as well.

6. colnago

colnago Android Expert

Problem with "the evil empire" is that they are supposedly trying to make changes to grandfathered plans (e.g. - no more unlimited data). I'm grandfathered with unlimited data on a family plan with AT&T, but if the merger goes through, I think I'm going to cancel and merge that account to my T-Mo plan, and hope for the best. At least I'll get a lower rate...until that changes. :rolleyes:

7. GIXXERMR2008

GIXXERMR2008 Newbie

SPRINT only has 10 fones to choose from.... TMOBILE has 38 phones.

8. rui-no-onna

rui-no-onna Android Enthusiast

T-Mobile has a lot more if you consider all the unlocked GSM phones that you can use with T-Mobile (granted, they may not support T-Mobile's 3G bands).

9. SmallDL

SmallDL Newbie

Sprint isn't bad for the price. But coverage is spotty. T-mobile is really good coverage wise. Only had a few problems with bad signal in buildings or out and about. T-mobile does also have more to offer via phones. And like a pp said even more when they are unlocked. I would probably go with t-mobile.

10. someguy43210

someguy43210 Well-Known Member

11. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Android Expert

T-Mo is not about to go broke whatever happens. They are in a much better financial state than Sprint, who has massive debt.

Since AT&T/T-Mo is likely dead there are several possibilites for T-Mo. Some are (more or less in the order of possibility IMHO):

1. They take the $4 billion cash + $1 billion worth of additional spectrum from AT&T, DT changes their mind about investing in the US and T-Mo continues on, new and improved.
    2. Sprint and T-Mo merge.
    3. A cable company buys T-Mo. They wanna get into wireless.
    4. Google buys T-Mo. Remember, Google & T-Mo have always had a kinda special relationship.
    5. Apple buys T-Mo. They have piles of cash and need to slow the Android juggernaut.
    6. T-Mo is broken up and sold in pieces to regional phone companies.