1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

T-Mobile or Sprint?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by IzzyDez, Aug 8, 2013.

1. IzzyDez

IzzyDez Newbie
    None

Oct 18, 2011
    HS Student
    CT
    Hi all. So for a while I have been on a family plan with Sprint on my Motorola Photon (still feel betrayed for the change of mind on ics) and will be venturing into paying for myself as I head into my sophomore year of college.

The main question I have right now is which unlimited 4g service I should get (between Sprint and T-Mobile)?
    I live in Hartford and then live on campus in Storrs CT. Sprint's 4g lte is nowhere to be seen in most of CT so it worries me that I could be wasting money on a service I won't be able to make full use of.
    On the other hand, T-Mobile DOES have 4g lte out in CT, both in Hartford and in the Storrs area. The problem here is, I don't have credit yet so I will be paying quite the startup cost of around $300 for the device compared to Sprint where it is $99.

So which service would you guys recommend me getting? Sorry for the long post I just like my research and want to make the best decision with my money.

Advertisement

2. gtbarry

gtbarry Android Expert
    None

Jul 15, 2012
    Male
    California
    Well, you have already done research into coverage - which is most important.

How do you use your phone? If you don't talk much and can use wifi for major downloads, t-mobile has a $30/month plan that gives you 100 minutes, unlimited text and unlimited data (with the first 5gb at 4g speed).

Also, with t-mobile there is a wider variety of phones available as any unlocked GSM with the right data frequencies can work on t-mobile.

3. IzzyDez

IzzyDez Newbie
    None

Oct 18, 2011
    HS Student
    CT
    You can consider me a power user as I am always browsing, streaming music and videos, as well as constantly trying out new apps. Also I'm in college so I constantly do calls with friends, professors, and counselors as well.

Another question if I may. The Moto X is looking really good and I am constantly comparing it with the HTC One. I just have a sort of trust issue with motorola after not following through with their plan to update the MoPho to Ics for a year, which happened a year ago. Do you think they might pull a stunt like that again?

4. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique
    None

Nov 8, 2009
    District of Columbia
    Moved to Carrier Comparison forum. :)