• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

T-Mobile pledges to Android Users, "No Phones left behind".

Actuatlly its
"NO PHONE LEFT BEHIND exceptbeholdII
"

Exactly.

And T-mobile needs to prove it.

They can pledge all they want but Verizon and Sprint phones are being updated while T-mobile customers are sitting and waiting.

I will not renew my contract for the MT3GS or Galaxy S only to be sitting on 2.1 or 2.2 while the other carriers are updating to 2.3, 2.5, or 3.0.

To me it looks like T-mobile is getting more greedy than Sprint and Verizon because while Verizon and Sprint are spending money to get updates out T-mobile is spending money hyping up a sale to get more people buying their outdated lineup of phones.

Upvote 0
Exactly.

And T-mobile needs to prove it.

They can pledge all they want but Verizon and Sprint phones are being updated while T-mobile customers are sitting and waiting.

I will not renew my contract for the MT3GS or Galaxy S only to be sitting on 2.1 or 2.2 while the other carriers are updating to 2.3, 2.5, or 3.0.

To me it looks like T-mobile is getting more greedy than Sprint and Verizon because while Verizon and Sprint are spending money to get updates out T-mobile is spending money hyping up a sale to get more people buying their outdated lineup of phones.

I hear you there man! I'm on T-Mobile service with a Nexus One and couldn't be happier. I'll continue to use Tmobile because they are the cheapest, just gonna be buying my phones off contract. And I hope that's gonna be a Nexus 2 or something similar!

After 2.2 froyo, it goes right to Android 3.0 gingerbread. Which is rumored to be released sometime by the end of this year.

Upvote 0
When I have called tmo to bitch about this phone they have always hinted that this issue is not dead yet. Let's see what happens.

umm more info on this topic?

I know if i was talking to a tmo rep, and i was complaining, and all the rep said was "the issue is not dead yet", I wouldn't say "Wow that is the best answer I have ever heard, now let me hang up"

I would say "what do you mean that the issue is not dead yet?" and they would give me some more info.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones