1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support T-Mobile Prism wifi problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by willyuiop, Jul 15, 2013.

1. willyuiop

willyuiop Lurker
    None

Jul 14, 2013
    Hello fellow android users,

I have been working on this one android phone for about a month now, and i just can't seem to fix it. The issue is that the wifi wont turn on on my t-mobile prism, when i tap the wifi on, it turns on for about ten seconds and turns right back off. When doing this, theres a add network thing, when i try to add my wifi network just out of curiosity, it said it couldn't save it. I have searched everywhere for an answer, never finding the problem that i could relate to. The phone is running on Android v.2.3.6, Build number U8651V100r001USAC85B897 Rooted also.

I've tried the *#*#526#*#* thing, it only disappears after the last * and does nothing, I've tried a wifi fix app and no sucsess, I could use some help if anyone can give me any, or help troubleshoot.

-William

Advertisement

2. epp

epp Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 28, 2012
    Boston, MA
    Something could have gone wrong while rooting the phone, but as long as the MAC address of the phone is listed in your router as a device allowed to connect to it, then it otherwise should not disconnect, unless there is an underlying issue with the router.

Tags: