• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

T-Mobile promises Oreo updates for LG's G5, G6, V20, V30, and V30+

T-Mobile says it's working with LG to create and release updates to Android Oreo for the G5, G6, V20, V30, and V30+. This information currently resides on the software support pages for the aforementioned models on its website. The exact wording is "T-Mobile and the device manufacturer have agreed to support a new software update". The current phase of this project is "Manufacturer Development: Version 8.0 Oreo" for all of the phones mentioned above.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its been what about six months since Android 8.0 showed on the pixel phones and was pushed out to the last two nexus devices? My opinion is I wouldn't hold my breath waiting to get Android 8.0 on your device (if you haven't already gotten it).
I can see T-Mobile dragging their feet with the release by a few months. Before you know it all the buzz will be about Android 9.0. A month or so after that we will heading into the fall. Samsung will be dropping the note 9, the IPhone 11 will be showing up and don't forget the pixel 3 and the pixel XL 3 which no doubt will have Android 9.0.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones