• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [T-Mobile] [ROM][F6] Xperion ROM **Updated 2/11/15**

I want to point this out to everyone this. Don't be removing apps that isn't Google Play Apps. I removed Nova Launcher and some others. Nova Launcher un-Installed will causes Home issue. You can removed Chronus and Clock. I guest the Xposed won't hurt anything after it removed. Just don't remove the Nova Launcher at all.

Upvote 0
I want to point this out to everyone this. Don't be removing apps that isn't Google Play Apps. I removed Nova Launcher and some others. Nova Launcher un-Installed will causes Home issue. You can removed Chronus and Clock. I guest the Xposed won't hurt anything after it removed. Just don't remove the Nova Launcher at all.

If you install anothe rlauncher and set it as default you can safely remove the Nova Launcher.

Upvote 0
By the way. LG-F6-TWRP-V3.apk have a bug. Is there one better than this? Because it having linking or something issue on wiping on everything or a few. I had to use the one to say Yes and that one works. After that I can wipe on the ones I pick. Weird. I don't know why it having a issue.

Still waiting on the stable Android 5.1.1 Lollipop or Android 6.0 Marshmallow or better. So I can switch.

Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 working is good. cm-12.1-20151109-2011-UNOFFICIAL-p3110

Edit: Ok there still a crashes on Home. I stop using this ROM on this reason. No way around this. I flash the MS50012b_00.kdz back. There is no stable ROM for this phone anyway at this time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Edit: Ok there still a crashes on Home. I stop using this ROM on this reason. No way around this. I flash the MS50012b_00.kdz back. There is no stable ROM for this phone anyway at this time.

First off the stock launcher works fine. I still have this phone and use it almost everyday as a "kodi/xmbc remote" and the launcher works fine.

Also there's a million other free launchers in the play store for you to choose from that are much better than the crappy stock launcher. Apex and Nova(included in rom) are 2 great choices that are highly customizable and themable. So stop complaining about launchers as that is no reason to claim a rom unstable when there's so many choices to choose from.

Reactions: viperdink
Upvote 0
Course it works and stable as long you don't removed it. If it gotten remove then yea I gotta put something right away to keep that Home error from showing up. I wasn't saying your app is buggy. I'm saying that the Home becoming unstable after a few shutdowns. Other word the ROM becoming unstable because of the Home crashing. You added string attach between the Home and your launcher. Once the string broke all hell break lose because there nothing there to regain it. You have the most stable ROM there is. I just don't want a launcher so I went back to the Phone ROM. Don't even take it off of your phone. Other wise you will get the Home crashing and it can't be fix.

Upvote 0
Course it works and stable as long you don't removed it. If it gotten remove then yea I gotta put something right away to keep that Home error from showing up. I wasn't saying your app is buggy. I'm saying that the Home becoming unstable after a few shutdowns. Other word the ROM becoming unstable because of the Home crashing. You added string attach between the Home and your launcher. Once the string broke all hell break lose because there nothing there to regain it. You have the most stable ROM there is. I just don't want a launcher so I went back to the Phone ROM. Don't even take it off of your phone. Other wise you will get the Home crashing and it can't be fix.

What are you talking about. Both launchers that come with the rom work. Nova launcher can be removed without a problem. The stock lg launcher cannot be removed because it's needed by the lg lockscreen. However you can freeze the stock lg launcher with titanium backup. LG made it so that the stock lg launcher cannot be completely removed.

You most likely don't know what you're doing and broke things yourself. Look through the thread, the rom has been up for over a year and you're the only one complaining about the launchers. You don't even make sense, the launchers don't belong to me and there are no strings attached. Nova is from the play store and the stock lg launcher is from LG. Myself and everyone else are able to remove nova without a problem.

Upvote 0
Nova launcher is what causes the Home (ANDROID_HOME) issue after it complete removed. You seem doesn't about this error. Most Android Dev know about this error. I done talking about this. I'm moving on. Who ever made that app need to put up a warning about removing it.

Don't be silly, there's no such error. Nova launcher is a very well known and reputable third party app that can easily be removed. You just don't know how.

Upvote 0
Well I use this app for uninstalling apps. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.co.pricealert.apps2sd&hl=en

Maybe that is the issue all the long. I also mount apps. Right now the MS500 ROM haven't crashes yet.

You're suppose to do it manually by first going to settings/apps and uninstall any nova updates if any and then with the file manager go to "/system/app" and remove nova. There's no point in me explaining this any further since you moved on as you said. Next time ask first. Good luck.

Reactions: JayzTwoDimes
Upvote 0
Reactions: GameTheory
Upvote 0
Hi GameTheory, I just downloaded the updated Xperion rom since, for some reason, the KitKat roms won't play nice with my phone anymore. Anyway, I can get calls and texts on the T-Mobile's cellular network, but I just wanted to know if WiFi calling works on the T-Mobile LG F6. I keep getting an "ER05 Invalid SIM" every time I turn WiFi calling on, and it tells me to go to a MPCS store to have them help fix my SIM. Thanks for updating Xperion for us!

Upvote 0
Hi GameTheory, I just downloaded the updated Xperion rom since, for some reason, the KitKat roms won't play nice with my phone anymore. Anyway, I can get calls and texts on the T-Mobile's cellular network, but I just wanted to know if WiFi calling works on the T-Mobile LG F6. I keep getting an "ER05 Invalid SIM" every time I turn WiFi calling on, and it tells me to go to a MPCS store to have them help fix my SIM. Thanks for updating Xperion for us!

I don't have a t-mobile f6, but I think other folks have said that you have to set up the apn to t-mobile's.

Reactions: Member1766058
Upvote 0
I don't have a t-mobile f6, but I think other folks have said that you have to set up the apn to t-mobile's.
Weird. I get to the tether>mobile networks>apn settings, but I don't see any default APN settings, nor can I save any APNs I make. It's just all blank

[Update] For some reason the APNs work now. I don't know why it took a couple of reboots for them to appear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: The-Truth
Upvote 0
I have recently had a major issue, and I've decided to basically start from scratch. It's been a long while since I've done anything with android. So I haven't really been aware of many changes since like march. After plenty of experimenting I had installed you most up to date xperion rom, and freedom kernel. I didn't go through the process to set-up my sd card (using the sd hack) as the internal storage, tho I set it up a few time to see if I could do it properly. Anyway I did use something to be able to transfer apps (only some) to the sd card-- I think it was a file GT created called GT_SD_Tweak. It was a zip file. Now I can't find any mention of this on the forum (or great web at all...) but I do still see plenty about the more advanced sd hack and I see you have a small guide to setting up Link2SD on GT's androidcreations site.

I was fine with the tweak only allowing some apps to be moved, but as I don't see this mentioned, should I assume Link2SD or the sd hack or the better way to go now? I had used the hack, and I can understand why that is better in some ways, but I don't like to use it. Previously Link2SD either didn't work, didn't work right, or I another reason I can't remember atm, but as I said I used the GT_SDTweak file. Anyone have input as to why this file isn't used or why Link2SD is better?
I might have tried both by the time there is a reply, but I would love input from a more advanced user with experience, and/or GT especially.

EDIT - Oh, forgot to mention, since starting over I've decided once again to use xperion.

Edit2- Ugh, didn't realize I clicked the T-Mobile bookmark. Meant to post in the metro thread. Not that it really matters in this case, but that's where it belongs...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't use sd card hack and Link2SD. I was using the FolderMount long time ago. I use the Apps2SD instead. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.co.pricealert.apps2sd I keep my phone plug in, darken the screen and then set to stay awake on charging first before moving those apps over. Take a while to move those over.

I use the MiniTool Partition Wizard Free for partitions the sd card. http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html Fat32 and Ext2. Ext2 is where your apps moving to. I wouldn't use anything different than Ext2 on the sd card. Recommend Fat32 and Ext2.

Much better than using hacks. Android is Linux. No need for hacks anyway.

Btw: Swap will ruin your sd card life span. Don't use it.

Last edited:
Reactions: The-Truth
Upvote 0
I don't use sd card hack and Link2SD. I was using the FolderMount long time ago. I use the Apps2SD instead. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.co.pricealert.apps2sd I keep my phone plug in, darken the screen and then set to stay awake on charging first before moving those apps over. Take a while to move those over.

I use the MiniTool Partition Wizard Free for partitions the sd card. http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html Fat32 and Ext2. Ext2 is where your apps moving to. I wouldn't use anything different than Ext2 on the sd card. Recommend Fat32 and Ext2.

Ya but Warranty voiders hacks don't have all those corpse finders that Links2sd and Apps2sd has

Upvote 0

There's not really a right or wrong way to use an sd card on this phone. IMO, the sd card hack, if you know what you're doing is far superior and completely stable. If you partition your /data as f2fs using TWRP 2.8, and the sd card's data to f2fs, you can get an even faster read/write speed than using the phone's internal storage by itself. It's just too complicated for some people though, so there are simpler methods like app2sd and link2sd out there. Linux is all about being able to do what you need to within the situation. Hacks are the best part about it :)

Upvote 0

Thanks for input, but nothing useful to me. I'm sure that info will be useful to some, so truely thanks for sharing. Only reason I even mentioned something like link2sd is because I've seen it mentioned here (on the forums) much more recently than when I previously visited. The 'normal' linux routes were determined not to be the best option for numerous reasons in general, plus my own specific reasons based on usage; but I wasn't sure what changes had happened the last few months. Anyway, not what I'm looking for.

There's not really a right or wrong way to use an sd card on this phone. IMO, the sd card hack, if you know what you're doing is far superior and completely stable. If you partition your /data as f2fs using TWRP 2.8, and the sd card's data to f2fs, you can get an even faster read/write speed than using the phone's internal storage by itself. It's just too complicated for some people though, so there are simpler methods like app2sd and link2sd out there. Linux is all about being able to do what you need to within the situation. Hacks are the best part about it :)
This is maybe closer to an answer for my inquiry. Is the SD hack (DataOnSD) still the go to for using the SD as internal? As I said, I have had set it up before, but I decided not to use it because I was swapping sd cards at that moment. I had a few phones and misc. projects which required I occasionally use the sd elsewhere, something you don't want to do when you've mapped your phones data/system/etc. to it. Since then I've just gone ahead and dedicated an sd to the f6, so thats no longer an issue. I wasn't going to use it, as my setup from before worked fine, and was quite simple, but it has other limitations too. I think maybe I should go back to DataOnSD now that I have a permanent card; not to mention it seems the original sd hack I was using isn't even mentioned any more lol.

And I added to the post- meant to post in the metro thread, sorry guys. Doesn't really matter in the case, but still...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones