1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [T-Mobile] "SD Card is blank or has unsupported filesystem!!!" WTH!?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MoY, Jan 29, 2014.

1. MoY

MoY Newbie
    None

Dec 16, 2012
    My micro SD suddenly has given me this message and later restarted. When it came back all my apps I downloaded were gone.(micro sd is blank or has unsopported filesystem.)
    I didn't know what to do.
    I did a quick internet search and i learned an update needed to be made, did that but that message is still there.

I've also learned there is no fixing this, unless there's a way. I own another new micro SD card but what I want to know is this;

If I can't transfer everything from the defective SD card to the new one, will all my apps be gone? I doubt T-Mobile can help.

Advertisement

2. GTWalling

GTWalling Android Expert
    None

Sep 9, 2012
    Alabama USA
    Your apps should be on the Internal SD of the phone unless you are on 4.3 and moved them to the External SD. I would take the External SD out and use a card reader on your PC and see if the files are still there. If so move said files to PC and format the card using Fat32. Move files back to card and then back to phone and see if it will read the card. If it does not read it then, there may be a problem with the reader in the phone.

MoY likes this.
  3. MoY

MoY Newbie
    None

Dec 16, 2012
    I will give this a shot.

4. MoY

MoY Newbie
    None

Dec 16, 2012
    My apologies for this late follow-up but it turns out that my apps are saved into my internal memory.
    My device is under the 4.3 version. I found this out when I removed my micro SD and noticed all my apps and what not were still there..

I guess at this point I can try to save other less important data on my current faulty SD and transfer them to a new one.

Once I install a new micro SD that should end this whole debacle, I suppose.

I better find out how to save all my apps and what not somewhere, like a pc or a external card.

5. GTWalling

GTWalling Android Expert
    None

Sep 9, 2012
    Alabama USA
    If you got your App from Google Play they will always be there for you to reinstall. The Free and Paid apps. If you are rooted you can use Titanium Backup to save them to the External SD when you get one.

6. MoY

MoY Newbie
    None

Dec 16, 2012

That's nice to know, would you recommend rooting a phone? My friend roots his device but is it safer than a non root?
    Thx.

7. GTWalling

GTWalling Android Expert
    None

Sep 9, 2012
    Alabama USA
    If you are on 4.3 it may be difficult to root. 4.3 comes with Knox Security which will block rooting if you don't really know what is going on. A rooted is no safer than a non rooted phone. Rooting a phone give you access to the internal working of the OS only, like an Administrator on a Windows PC. If you are happy as is then leave it as is.

MoY likes this.