1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General T-Mobile SGH-T999 4.3 update problems?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by NunyaBidnez, Nov 24, 2013.

1. NunyaBidnez

NunyaBidnez Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 4, 2010
    Student/Intern
    Los Angeles, CA
    I heard that AT&T and Samsung have stopped sending it the OTA update for the AT&T version of the Galaxy S3 because of some bugs.

Has anyone with the T-Mobile S3 encountered any problems with the 4.3 update? Have you noticed any bugs with the firmware?

Call me a conspiracy nut but I have a feeling that carriers and manufacturers purposefully send out a buggy update before ending support for a device to discourage people from keeping a phone longer than 2 years and making new devices seem more enticing.

Advertisement

2. AlabamaGhost

AlabamaGhost Newbie
    None

Jun 21, 2012
    I have been using the update for a few days with no problems. Maybe the phone is a little slower, but I am about to do a factory reset to see if that matters.

Overall it is excellent.

3. NunyaBidnez

NunyaBidnez Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 4, 2010
    Student/Intern
    Los Angeles, CA
    I heard that battery drain was one of the issues with the AT&T version. Do you find that your battery is draining faster with the 4.3 update?

4. bander68

bander68 Member
    None

Aug 22, 2012
    Tmo user, posted a bug yesterday with notifications, then found a solution. There's an app called downloads, just delete the files.

New issue today, the video player keeps acting up, causing my Watchdog to warn me it's using too much ram...even when I haven't opened the video player.

I find there's a small improvement in battery usage, and I really like some of the tweaks. Once I figure out the video player issue, I think this one is a winner.

5. penpen21

penpen21 Newbie
    None

Oct 13, 2012
    I updated today and now I have no sound on my phone. No ringtones, alerts, alarms, etc. When I try to change the sound settings I get an error message that says "unfortunately the process android.process.media has stopped". Anyone else have this issue? Or a fix?

6. bander68

bander68 Member
    None

Aug 22, 2012
    Another issue I've found: Google Play Store doesn't open any more. Unfortunately Google play store has shut down unexpectedly. Ok, this is pretty big.

7. hot27

hot27 Lurker
    None

Nov 29, 2013
    I updated close to 2 weeks ago and the biggest issue I am having is my back and menu buttons next to home buttons don't work or light up anymore. The home button works fine. Seems small but has proven to be quite frustrating for me since many things I do I basically have to start over rather than going back - ie. Searches, etc. Battery life may be a little less but think it could be related to me using phone longer than normal because of having to re-do things from back button.

8. sopio

sopio Member

May 18, 2012
    Male
    Man Whore
    I had the update for a week now. I had the same downloading of old files issue. I did a factory reset and it stopped. Now, I have the sane issues everyone else had. 1) waking the lock screen has a lag, 2) Google chrome has a lag (the screen is black until I touch it) and 3) major battery drain.

9. MarkSellwood

MarkSellwood Lurker
    None

Jun 21, 2013
    Male
    Surrey UK
    I think most of these issues are the ones that we have in the UK, Samsung pulled the update & cant say when they will have a fix. Dont know why they have been rolling it out in the US with the known bugs.

10. sopio

sopio Member

May 18, 2012
    Male
    Man Whore
    Apparently, T-Mobile is the only one still allowing the updates.

11. mydian

mydian Android Expert

Apr 8, 2012
    Male
    2-Way Radio Repair Technician
    Chicagoland
    Sprint and US Cellular have been sending out updates with hardly any issues at all. AT&T had some issues but started sending the update out again after correcting them.

12. sopio

sopio Member

May 18, 2012
    Male
    Man Whore
    I Wonder if T-Mobile will send out the fixed updates.