• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [T-Mobile] Some questions about my Galaxy S3

dg2903

Lurker
Oct 6, 2012
I just bought a new galaxy S3 from T-mobile. And i think, the battery run out quite fast. To be honest guys, this is the first time i got a phone as new as this one. Before this phone i had 2 really old phone that was used by my sister. So with those phone the battery ran out extremely fast, it was really old (2-3 years old), so it is understandable. But with this Galaxy S3, even though the battery does not run out as fast as those old phone but i expected more than that.

I turned of everything i could, lowest brightness, close every "stand-by" apps, clear memory, log off of email, Wifi off while the screen is locked. And i still lose battery even when the screen is locked! why ? My ipad and ipod does not.
I surfed the internet with 4G and i lose 14% battery in 30mins !?
On average, i lose 1% of battery per 3mins while i surf internet with 4G.
100% before i went to sleep, after 7hrs of sleep, it loss 8% :/
I only have 3 apps: Yahoo, Facebook and Chrome.

Is this normal ?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones