1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [T-Mobile] T-Mobile, Wi-Fi calling, and rooting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ravenrose, Jan 6, 2013.

1. ravenrose

ravenrose Lurker
    None

Jan 6, 2013
    Ok, so I found one post where someone states that the Wi-Fi calling provided by T-Mobile still works with their flashed ROM.

But, since I'm new to rooting an android, and this is really the main selling point for my carrier, I want to make sure before rooting.

All I want to do is root to remove the bloatware, and to create a backup image. But I do need to keep the Wi-Fi calling ability on my phone, because, without it, I have no service at my house (no other carrier even offers this much).

Can anyone tell me if just rooting, no custom ROM installation, and removing bloatware, while retaining wi-fi calling, is possible? And point me in the direction in regards to a "how"?

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. Prepaidguy9081

Prepaidguy9081 Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 28, 2012
    U can root and gain cwm over at xda.
    Read the, how to root your note ii guid on xda tmobile note ii android development

Now u can also use any tmobile stock based rom that includes wificalling and didnt have it removed as bloatware. If it dosent work just restore ur old system backup that u always eant to make in cwm before flashing a new rom

Try googling how to use clockwork mod

Try googling how to root tmobile note ii xda