• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

T-Mobile tether limit bypass

xo0p

Lurker
May 3, 2015
I've tried everything that I've found. Adding ,dun to the apn. Tried rooting and using WiFi tether router app, foxfi doesn't work anymore. I'm simply out of ideas. Does anyone have any inside on bypassing the 5gb tether limit?

I'm on a trip and using my phone to get on xbox live.

I've tried everything that I've found. Adding ,dun to the apn. Tried rooting and using WiFi tether router app, foxfi doesn't work anymore. I'm simply out of ideas. Does anyone have any inside on bypassing the 5gb tether limit?

I'm on a trip and using my phone to get on xbox live.
Gaming is a huge data draw and limit should be 7 gb now

Upvote 0
Old thread but I'll try anyway. mrbox knows the deal, it's something in the stock rom, I could flash Cyanogenmod, but Cyanogenmod has no WIFI calling, any clues about what mechanism it is in the T-Mobile ROM? Can I just root and delete all the T-Mobile related apps, or is it something baked/compiled deeper into the ROM?

Upvote 0
I installed Clockwork Tether on my Galaxy S5 G900T from the play store, and I installed the program the app details told me to on my laptop, It's USB tethering and gives me 60 mbps, but I was having no luck getting past 0.5 mbps with the stock rom and WIFI hotspot apps, something in the stock rom monitors when WIFI Hotspot is turned on and makes sure you are following T-Mobile's policy, something on your phone is limiting you. The Clockwork USB tether app must be fooling the ROM into thinking the phone is using the data when it is actually your laptop over USB.

I wonder how the responsible parental guidance mechanism can be removed. I don't want to reflash ROM's and lose WIFI calling.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones