1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General T-Mobile UK 2.1 Update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rosered, Nov 26, 2010.

1. rosered

rosered Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2010
    UK
    So it was with much trepidation that I connected my phone up to get the update, what if I bricked it, what if I ended up with all the numerous weird and wonderful problems that people have been reporting....

Well I bit the bullett and I have to say the upgrade zipped through quite happily and the phone is now up and running. Got to get everything set back up, I want my ADW back and got to get all my old apps installed from app brain but so far.... it's OK. Bit slow but I am guessing that it's still thinking a bit hard about stuff (I can sympathise!).

I like the fact that it recognises my arc swipe as that is what my hand automatically does anyway. Got all my contacts from Google, set up Timescape/Facebook/Twitter.

So if this all goes well I might even root it (argh!!!) with that Z4root thingy. Gosh I am being daring today!

Advertisement

2. arkangeluk

arkangeluk Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Male
    somewhere between here and there
    when did the tmobile update come out rose, mine is unbranded so already 2.1 but my wifes phone is still branded and neither of us have received a text about the update

ric

3. rosered

Jul 4, 2010
    UK
    Nor did I, despite them saying that you would get one! I have been keeping an eye on their twitter page and also their own forum and saw it yesterday evening.

It's all going OK, tho I do think the live wallpapers make my phone a bit slow. None of it was particularly arduous despite all the horror stories on here and Sony's own talk forum.

4. MrWomble

MrWomble Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Newcastle - UK
    Must admit i hadn't noticed that

Yes you are, very daring

must say though - i am considering going down the whole root process again, as i miss my black UI - even though SE have improved it, i still preferred mine

5. rosered

Jul 4, 2010
    UK
    So the question is, if I root it and get rid of things like the games and Moxier will they come back if I run it through SEUS or will they be gone forever? Just worried about it going wrong and having to send it off for a repair and them saying 'on yer bike'!

6. MrWomble

MrWomble Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Newcastle - UK
    i believe once you repair software through SEUS it restores all deleted apps etc

though to be fair i don't bother removing stuff

7. bigdog991

bigdog991 New Member

Jun 4, 2010
    i got a notifcation to say the up date was ready from T-mobile
    have now updated but unsure !!!!
    google talk has gone !
    now just trying to restore settings from my back up .... see how that goes

8. charlyee

charlyee Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Electrical Engineer
    Wisconsin, USA
    rosered, glad everything went all right with your upgrade. I rooted mine after the upgrade and got rid of all kinds of stuff. I figured once I de branded it I lost my warranty anyway, so what more would I have to lose. :D

9. morpheus2n2

morpheus2n2 Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2010
    I posted about this a few days ago T-mobile released 2.1 in the early hours of monday night (22nd) I got my partners updated by 9am on wed morning and mine finally 2 days later (had to rebrand etc so it took some time :( )