• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [T-Mobile] unlocked bootloader

OK last question.... If I buy a new out of the box note 3 today it would come with 4.3 or 4.4...Is there a way to revert back to 4.2?

The Note 3 was released with 4.3 (Jellybean). The T Mobile version does have an unlocked bootloader. And you CAN flash custom roms, recoveries, and kernels. The Note 3 never had 4.2.

Upvote 0
Does this phone have a unlocked bootloader yet? or recovery

And yes i have looked all over all i can find is stuff about big knox crap.. nothing about bootloader and recovery.

Why is it "big knox crap"? The entire point that people ARE talking about knox is because if you have a T-Mobile phone the speculation is that IF you trip knox you'll void warranty. Which is why so many are trying to use Kango or something else to root and NOT trip knox.

You're welcome to root, flash a custom recovery, and a custom ROm, however, you will trip knox. Not sure what that will mean if/when you try to trade teh device back in. YMMV.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones