1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

T-Mobile Visual Voicemail

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ValY2J, Dec 10, 2013.

1. ValY2J

ValY2J Newbie

So I installed this app and was using it for multiple weeks since receiving my Nexus 5 in early November. I recently did a factory reset, while in the process of installing the few key apps I wanted from the Playstore I noticed that I couldn't install the T-Mobile Visual Voicemail app. I get the notification "Your device isn't compatible with this version".. what gives? I didn't update my phone.. and the app hasn't been updated.. Is my only option now to sideload?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. badutahboy

badutahboy Well-Known Member

Yes, at least for now. I sideloaded an older version and it still works perfectly.

3. gtbarry

gtbarry Android Expert

A better version is to use Google Voice for your voicemail (if you are NOT a prepay customer). You download the Google Voice app for the visual inbox and you get all the other advantages of Google Voice for voicemail (like text transctiptions, MP3 emails, etc)

4. badutahboy

Disagree. I use Google Voice for just about everything, but I hate their voicemail. Tmo's visual voicemail is a great app. I think the only advantage to google voice is that it caches online, so you don't lose VM's if you change phones.

5. ValY2J

ValY2J Newbie

Yes I have used Google Voice before but now i am on prepaid and i just find the tmobile visual voicemail to be less of a hassle.

Does anyone have the older version APK?

6. badutahboy

I don't know if it's against the rules to post it here or I would, but a quick google search will lead you to a recent XDA thread where it's shared.

Nexus 5 Forum

The Nexus 5 release date was November 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.95" screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon 800 processor, 2300mAh battery, and 2GB storage.

November 2013
Release Date
Reviews