• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [T-Mobile] What is "RECOVERY IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING?"

I have tried, several times, to root my phone with different methods. The last one that I've tried is with TWRP. I believe that the fact that the screen, previous to the Thousand recovery reads "RECOVERY IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING"

I would REALLY appreciate your guidance and help!!:thinking:

I believe that you receive this message because the device is SELinux enabled and secure boot and you will always receive this message if you have a custom recovery and/or kernel installed.
As long as you followed the guide properly then you should have recovery and root.

To boot into recovery try the 2 buttons combination - Power off the device and then press and hold the Volume up (+) and power buttons together at the same time, the phone will start to load into recovery and just keep holding the buttons until you see the three lines in the top left corner. When the three lines appear, release only the Power button and keep pressing the Volume up (+) button and it should load into recovery and be fully functional.

Hope this helps and if you need any help or have any questions feel free to ask.

Reactions: Mandroid7
Upvote 0
I do have another question... Why, in Odin, I receive a message that says "REMOVED"? I can still get to TWRP recovery. It's just that it is not able to root my phone.

Have you flahed the CF-Auto Root through recovery?
If not take a look here and download the 2.02 SuperSU.zip -SuperSU Download and flash it through recovery.
You should now have root access.

If you need any he or have any questions feel free to ask!!

Upvote 0
Have you flahed the CF-Auto Root through recovery?
If not take a look here and download the 2.02 SuperSU.zip -SuperSU Download and flash it through recovery.
You should now have root access.

If you need any he or have any questions feel free to ask!!

Are you saying, that I have the option to flash, through Odin, 2.02 SuperSU.zip?. Should I do that, instead or CF-Autoroot? Or, do I need to do both?:thinking:

Upvote 0
Are you saying, that I have the option to flash, through Odin, 2.02 SuperSU.zip?. Should I do that, instead or CF-Autoroot? Or, do I need to do both?:thinking:

Well for the S4 the new SuperSU is available as a zip file that you can flash through recovery, and it is also included in Chainfire’s CF-Auto-Root package for rooting through Odin without the need of flashing through a custom recovery.

Edit:
After you root either with the SuperSU.zip or with CF-Auto Root through Odin... Use an app like "Root Checker" just to ensure that you indeed do have root access.
Once Root Checked verifies that you have root access, you exit the app and then got to"Settings/Apps" scroll down to Root Checker and delete the app if you want to... Since the app really has no function other that letting you know that your device have root a access or Not.

Reactions: Mandroid7
Upvote 0
Well for the S4 the new SuperSU is available as a zip file that you can flash through recovery, and it is also included in Chainfire’s CF-Auto-Root package for rooting through Odin without the need of flashing through a custom recovery.

Edit:
After you root either with the SuperSU.zip or with CF-Auto Root through Odin... Use an app like "Root Checker" just to ensure that you indeed do have root access.
Once Root Checked verifies that you have root access, you exit the app and then got to"Settings/Apps" scroll down to Root Checker and delete the app if you want to... Since the app really has no function other that letting you know that your device have root a access or Not.

I was able to follow your advice and thanks to you, I'm fully rooted. Thanks a million!!!

Reactions: xdrc45
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones