1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

T9 stock dialer

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by supermarioarv, Sep 27, 2014.

1. supermarioarv

supermarioarv Lurker

Good morning everyone
    Is there any dev that can help me?
    Im desperate to enable t9 contact search in stock dialer Greek language....
    Please someone could give me a solution?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

WELCOME TO ANDROID FORUMS supermarioarv ! :party:

I do not have an answer for you,but,if you can hang out here for a bit,I'm gonna take a look around & also point some other members to this thread for possible assistance.

mikedt likes this.
  3. supermarioarv

supermarioarv Lurker

Thanks for the reply....I'll be waiting for an answer if there is any solution.
    I like stock dialer and i don't want to change it with other app like ex dialer to solve my problem

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I'm thinking if the stock dialler doesn't support non-Latin alphabet T9, you might have to find one that can. I know Miui Lite does, that supports T9 Chinese, Cyrillic, Greek, etc. but Miui lite is a complete replacement launcher and front-end for Android, including dialler, messaging and contacts. There maybe others though. There's one on Play called Rocket Dialler that's supposed to support Greek etc., not tried it though.

xdrc45 and KOLIO like this.
  5. supermarioarv

supermarioarv Lurker

But Thats why i am writing here.
    Because i would like a mod. Or a developer to give me a solution in the stock dialer.if i wanted an application i knew that ex dialer would do the job...

6. mikedt

mikedt 你好

In which case almost certainly you'll be rooting and modifying/hacking the G3's firmware to do that. Because AFAICT anything else is a just an alternative dialler app that supports non-Latin T9. Might be worth posting over in XDA Devs, because that's where most devs, modders and hackers hangout. :) ...maybe on Greek language forums as well, because perhaps someone else wants the same thing.

xdrc45 likes this.
  7. xdrc45

xdrc45 Android Enthusiast

As mikedt said... Your best bet is to look for and or/ask around on XDA forums, where there are a lot of themer's, porter's and etc. It's Not that there aren't any dev's and themer's here that can or won't do it... but more than likely you'll find someone there that has already ported it or is wanting and willing too port it and it also has a higher demand/request for it.

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, but from the description of your post... This seems to be pretty close and is about as close as you're going to get for T9 and NOT that it's designed for and or would work on the G3.... but you maybe able to ask the dev to port it ovet and or/try and port it yourself. It looks like it supports GR language

Take a look here and hopefully this is what you're looking for and Good Luck! :thumbup: [APP] Dialer One- Multiple languages T9 dial… | Nexus One | XDA Forums

KOLIO likes this.

LG G3 Forum

The LG G3 release date was June 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2/3GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

June 2014
Release Date
Reviews