• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help T95N M8S mini and Samsung TV constantly freezing

mgremese

Lurker
Sep 1, 2016
Hi all

First post in here, hope you can help me
I bought the tv box in subject, these are more detailed specs from the ebay post:
T95N Android 5.1 4K Mini TV Box Quad Core KODI XBMC Fully Loaded 2GB+8GB

I connected it to my LG and my Panasonic TV and it always worked well. Since it was for my mom i brought it to hers and on her Samsung TV it gets stuck after a couple of seconds or a couple of minutes, time varies.
I tried to reset to factory and do whatever i could but it always got stuck.

I took it back home and it works perfectly.

The main changes i can think of are:
- different tvs, issues with the HDMI connection or something like that

- different countries, in UK it works perfectly in Italy (where my mom is) doesn't, but i doubt it's racist :)

- different power: the power adaptor it came with can't be used in Italy so i tried 2 other solutions:
a usb to power cable that i connected both to a usb plug (like a phone charger) and to a power bank,
a power adaptor with EU plug and the same specs as the UK one (5v, 2A)
As far as i can remember i tried to power it with the usb cable connected to the power bank when i was in UK and it was working, so this should exclude an issue with the kind of power source.

After coming back to UK and using it with no problem here i started suspecting it could be the TV or the HDMI port i used on the Samsung TV in Italy

Anyone had similar experiences or have better knowledge than me and could help me?

Thanks a lot!
Matteo

Have you tried using the VGA cable connection option?

10a1-122xx_01.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones