• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help tab 10.1 will not turn on :/

Found on another thread: press and hold the power button while touching the screen. May take up to 30 seconds.

Worked for me, Tab suddenly wouldnt come on or charge after working flawlessly since the day it came out.

No clue why the above works.

tanks to you!!!
I looked for a solution since like a month to this really strange issue( and it was easy!)
I send a rapport to a friend working in samsung ent.but i got no return
Did you also hve aninexistant battery life after this trouble? Mine is k.o

Thanks again

Upvote 0
tanks to you!!!
I looked for a solution since like a month to this really strange issue( and it was easy!)
I send a rapport to a friend working in samsung ent.but i got no return
Did you also hve aninexistant battery life after this trouble? Mine is k.o

Thanks again

I've now replaced the battery and it worked for a night and the battery drained and it wouldnt charge so I bought a new ribbon cable for it and still it wont charge it is totally dead.
So up till now I have bought a new charger, new battery and new ribbon cable and no joy at all, it is now a placemat.

Upvote 0
Hi
i have had my tab fo years and no problem then i lost the converter (the thingy in the wall to plug the usb into) and i just used my phones, but it wouldnt charge, it showed me the charging battery to 50% then black out and showed the battery again:

Found out the orriginal has a 2A, and my phone is a 1A.... check this

bought a 4A because the store had nothing else, and it charged within 2 hours, usualy takes 6-8...

But it will burn down the battery quicker and I am now again using a 2 amp...

by the way the thing with holding the button down and touching the screen, i am awestruck :)

Upvote 0
I have the same problem with mine. Tried all the combination button presses but nothing. When I plug my usb charger in from pc after reconnecting the battery terminal there was a short "flash" from the camera flash. When pressing the power button the "usb connecting" sound came from my pc, but with a message"USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED" Screen stay black. Have a Samsung GT-P7510MA. TIA

Upvote 0
My unit (and probably many of yours out there) has a power issue.

SAMSUNG - Acknowledge the power issue. Best Buy "Fixed it" or rather took it in upgraded the firmware to fix the power issue and sent it back with the same exact problem.

PROBLEM REPRODUCTION: You press the power button to turn on your unit for 2 or 3 seconds, nothing happens. Now plug in your charger. If you don't see the battery icon (the big green charging icon on the screen, then your tablet has the issue. You have to Hard start it by holding the power button down for 12 seconds. This will restart the unit. Then you will see that the battery icon comes up. Now you can do a normal start with instant on.

This problem happens in 10 min of non-use, in 20 min, in an hour, but it at some point always happens. The battery is still with power, but the unit constantly (most times) needs to be hard restarted rather than just coming right on.

I am going to contact Samsung for them to fix it this time (Best Buy isn't exactly competent or trustworthy on these issues - and for a store with sky high prices they aren't exactly rated highly on customer support or service).

If you have this problem - please feedback some info and lets get Samsung to fix this issue or do a recall. Best buy sure doesn't give a crap!

Upvote 0
Hi all! Im not sure what forum this question is for? But if maybe one of you here know the answer to the question? Then I would appreciate if you would help me!

I have Samsung galaxy s7 edge running on nougat 7.0. And my the home screen launcher I use is "launcher 8" windows replica launcher. I love the customation abilities of that app because you can fully customize the pictures used for the apps on the phone home screen! Colors and transparency and everything!

So I dont "think" its the launcher that is causing this issue? I had launcher 8 for like 6 weeks before this issue started happening? So here is the problem....

I dont recieve "any badge notifications on "any" of my app icons any more? Even when my notifications for "all" or my apps is fully turned on. And when I do not have "do not disturb" turned on. And I looked at badge notifications setting in system is turned on.

Some people online on commentaries mention advanced settings with individual apps concerning notifications and badge notifications? But I cant find "badge notifications" in any settings on any individual apps? But "maybe" im just looking in the wrong places for "that" setting withing the individual apps?

So theefore I dont always know when people message me on massaging apps such as Viber and Whatsapp and facebook messanger? Because im not getting any "badge notifications" when I have messages waiting in the app?

So any help for me with this issue will be appreciated! Thanks! God bless you!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones